(Archived) Feature request - browser bookmark integration

I have numerous folders of bookmarks in Firefox, which I keep synced across computers using xmarks. Each folder roughly corresponds to a notebook in Evernote. It would be great if Evernote could automagically import/clip these bookmarks and save them as notes under their corresponding notebooks.

You should be able to export your bookmarks as HTML, and import it onto Evernote, though it would come in as a single document, and not as multiple notes/notebooks.

Yes, that is one solution, but it isn't automated - I'd have to keep manually exporting/importing my bookmarks.

What I'm suggesting is a little more complex, but the Evernote team should seriously consider it. I think a lot of users would find it helpful.

One way to make this easier would be to just export the bookmark file directly into an Evernote import folder.

Or even easier, just start using the Evernote web client as your enhanced bookmark manager.

The only browser bookmarks I have left are for a few regularly visited sites.

• Level 5

Or even easier, just start using the Evernote web client as your enhanced bookmark manager.

Do you put all your bookmarks into one note? Grouped by topic?

Or into separate notes and then use the search with tags?

Do you put all your bookmarks into one note? Grouped by topic?

Or into separate notes and then use the search with tags?

Separate notes, but, I came from Delicious and used the (now defunct?) import tool. This did result in a LOT of initial tags.

I use the tag "bookmark" for my frequently visited sites.

After that, I don't worry about bookmark organization. As long as the link is available from the note I just search and depend on my content to find what I need.

PS: The majority of the time I don't follow any links. Once I find the note I frequently have the information I needed.

• Level 5*

I seem to be moving closer and closer to a system like that, but I haven't given up on my "bookmark blankie" just yet.

Looks like it's time to add another test task to the list.

Investigate bookmark import options.

Ideal implementation would add tags for:

- Source browser

- Bookmark folder(s)

Done. Above was evernoted and edited to create the task.

I seem to be moving closer and closer to a system like that, but I haven't given up on my "bookmark blankie" just yet.

Hey, that will give you a chance to really work out the web client's search box.

Archived