"Unable to download the update...

• Level 5*

Has anyone here tried to download the update manually from the download page here: http://www.evernote.com/about/download/windows.php?file=Win&btn=grey?

I was able to do the auto-update on a couple of machines, and download the update manually a couple of times also. The manual download seemed a little slower the second time (just now); took a couple of minutes for 60MB.

If you're on 4.5 you may need to manually download 4.5.1 from our downloads page. Sorry about this

Is this a responsible solution?

Can you explain how it is that Evernote can't fix the problem, or otherwise ensure your clients can get a simple, one click upgrade solution?

How has this issue lingered so long?

I just checked (about) and I'm running 4.5.0.5229, and now when I click on check for updates, it says I have the latest, yet I never have done an update/download since the popup told me I should.

Come clean on this issue, please!

• Level 5*
If you're on 4.5 you may need to manually download 4.5.1 from our downloads page. Sorry about this

Is this a responsible solution?

Yes, it's temporary, and responsible. If auto-update isn't working, how are they supposed to fix it, via an update that you can't auto-update?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived