(Archived) Evernote Server vs Apple

worksafe

Idea

6 replies to this idea

I think worksafe is upset that 3.0.2 is available for download direct from Evernote but 3.0.1 is still the one in the app store. He/she is suggesting that Evernote don't release 3.0.2 to people until Apple have reviewed and released 3.0.2 in the app store.

Not sure of the logic here myself. If people want to download it themselves I don't see why they shouldn't be able to. I prefer the app store method of delivery and realise it means a wait for that convenience.

What I'm saying is that it should be released at the same time on both sites or Evernote should stop using the App Store altogether and stick with their servers.

It's certainly their choice, since it's their company. If they have an update they want to start rolling out in waves (so the servers don't get overloaded) or just because they want it out there, then they have complete control over what is being distributed from their site. That is not the case with the App Store, as has already been pointed out. It's really no big deal, IMO.

• Level 5*

This is a nonsense thread.

3.02 is a release candidate only available to those users who have selected to take the risk of running a beta application.

There is no way that this can be supported through the App Store (Apple won't allow it).

When 3.02 is ready for Production, it will be released in the App Store and Evernote's servers at pretty much the same time.

Archived