(Archived) Where did I hide my tag?

zabouti

Idea

Maybe I have too many tags, but they are generally nicely organized in an outline.

But now and then I can't find a tag. E.g., today I wanted to find the secret keystrokes to search by two or more tags, and I knew that it was under the 'evernote' tag.

Okay, I can search by typing 'tag:evernote' into the search box, but I'd like to just find it in my outline and click it. But I can't find it.

How do I see where a tag is in a collapsed outline? Maybe there's a way to expand the whole outline and search visually, but I don't know how to do that. I like to keep the outline collapsed most of the time.

Thanks a lot.

-- ge

P.S. BTW, if anyone can tell me how to search the forums for answers to this question, I'd be grateful as well as amazed.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this in the Windows client, but I would try something like this: first, make sure that you are only showing assigned tags in your tag tree -- if you right-click on the Tags header, and you see an menu item "Hide Unassigned Tags", click it. Now go to the search bar, and type 'tag:. You should now be seeing only notes with that tag, and your tag tree should be somewhat more compact, so the tag should be easier to find.

Archived