(Archived) Text recognition fails always - even PRINTED text

Hey guys.

I like Evernote, so don't get me wrong. I haven't used it as often as I plan to but there are some parts of this that have NEVER worked for me.

First, here is what I am using.

Windows 7 running both Firefox and Chrome

iPhone 4 running most current OS as of today - 09/19/2011 - whatever that is.

The parts that continually fail:

OCR in pics. It has never worked as long as I've been using Evernote, maybe 16-18 months. It has never once found text in a pic when searching. It ALWAYS fails. There doesn't appear to be any commands anywhere to Catelog the text on pics or to scan pics, etc. I have taken pics with my iphone, webcam, pro camera. I have very carefully handwritten notes AND taken pictures CLOSE UP of PRINTED TEXT... STILL NOTHING...

The attach picture video is VERY WRONG - since there is NO multi pic selection option in the ad from camera roll dialog. Just ONE pic at a time, no little red checkmarks.

In Chrome there is NO WAY to see your pics in ONE screen since there is NO ZOOM feature that can be found, like there is in Firefox. But I figure you know that oversight already and the web app is new.

Also since I'm reporting bugs, In FIREFOX, the delete key on the keyboard doesn't delete notes. You must muse to the top right and click Delete. Dumb, but I figure you're still perfecting.

anyway - that's it. Most of the stuff mentioned is just annoying, and nothing more.

But the inability to recognize ANY TEXT at all, even TYPED numbers, is really sad.

It's been this way for at least the last 1.5 years.

• Level 5

Also since I'm reporting bugs, In FIREFOX, the delete key on the keyboard doesn't delete notes. You must muse to the top right and click Delete. Dumb, but I figure you're still perfecting.

When I click on the title in the Note List and press the Delete key, the note goes to the trash.

I am using:

Evernote for Windows 4.5.1.5416 (178919) Prerelease

Firevox 6.02

Archived