(Archived) Numbers of Notebooks limitation

I have already paid for the VIP

But I have a question.

When I want to create notebook, the desktop application shows "number of synchronized notebooks exceeded the limit. You can only create local notebooks.

I really hope you free the limits.

Please don't limit the number of synchronized notebooks.

By the way, Can I change the type of notebooks ?

I want to change the notebook type either local notebook or synchronized notebook.

If you plan on using Evernote, you need to learn to use fewer notebooks and more tags. There are many discussions on how to use tags vs notebooks, so you should use the search function to find them, if you want more info.

Sync'd notebooks cannot be changed to local & vice versa.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

i would second the recommendation above about using tags instead of notebooks. evernote has robust support for tags, and i think you'll find the tags a lot more enjoyable than folders. you don't need folders to be organized.

• Level 5*
it would be nice if Evernote Premium had unlimited notebooks and notes but still, 250 notebooks is A LOT. So is 100,000. I've been using Evernote for a month now and I'm only at 250 notes, but it will increase due to school.

i've got thousands of notes, and i only use about 4 notebooks. i occasionally have to make notebooks for offline viewing on the ipad, but get rid of those when i finish those projects. with tags, you rarely need any notebooks.

if only evernote would enable us to select tags for offline use, then i might be able to leave notebooks behind forever.

it would be nice if Evernote Premium had unlimited notebooks and notes but still, 250 notebooks is A LOT. So is 100,000. I've been using Evernote for a month now and I'm only at 250 notes, but it will increase due to school.

i've got thousands of notes, and i only use about 4 notebooks. i occasionally have to make notebooks for offline viewing on the ipad, but get rid of those when i finish those projects. with tags, you rarely need any notebooks.

if only evernote would enable us to select tags for offline use, then i might be able to leave notebooks behind forever.

At first, (a month ago) I thought I needed to get premium since I thought I would upload thousands of notes to evernote. Well, that was a massive miscalculation. I'm now at 300. The school notes are generally specific definitions like in Business, Science, Art, History. And about 100 we're crammed in from wikipedia because I wanted to get the most of the Free Users 60MB upload limit. If the limit stacked, I would have no problem at all.

Also, the note limit is 100,000 for all users, regardless of free or premium. It's still a lot. I see myself probably going through the rest of high school without going past the 100,000 note limit.

also, I havent used tags yet, I heard it's like notebooks and works the same.

• 9 months later...

If you plan on using Evernote, you need to learn to use fewer notebooks and more tags. There are many discussions on how to use tags vs notebooks, so you should use the search function to find them, if you want more info.

Hi there,

Not everyone does things the same way, I use tags on every note and search them that way on my iphone but when working on my Mac I like using stacks, notebooks and notes structure. There is no right or wrong way to use evernote, its the preference of the user and nobody should have to as you say learn to

use tags.

Thanks Rob

• Level 5*

Hi there,

Not everyone does things the same way, I use tags on every note and search them that way on my iphone but when working on my Mac I like using stacks, notebooks and notes structure. There is no right or wrong way to use evernote, its the preference of the user and nobody should have to as you say learn to

use tags.

Thanks Rob

Hi. Do you have to learn anything? No.

However, I think it is a good idea to learn about the features of any application you use on a regular basis. The possibilities and limitations of each feature on each client will help you develop an organizational system that is the best fit for you and the app.

For Evernote, I'd recommend becoming familiar with notebooks, tags, advanced searches, and saved searches (I've written about some on my site at http://www.princeton.edu/~cmayo/evernote-organization.html). It only takes a few minutes of your time. Of course, you may not want or need to use them. I'm at 9,000+ notes and I only have three (Online, Offline, Shared). I don't have any tags.

So, as you said, there isn't any "perfect" or "right" way to do stuff with Evernote. Still, I think it is worth getting to know what is available.

Hi there,

use tags.

Thanks Rob

It's true different people work differently. But at the same time, we all have to live with the limitations of the software we use, no matter what the app is. So my statement still stands true. EN started out with a limitation of 100 notebooks. A few years ago, they bumped it up to 250. You say in another post you think it should be 500. There is nothing magical about your number of 500 & I'm sure someone else may come along & say 500 is not enough. In the end, it really doesn't matter, though. The current limit is 250. EN does not post road maps. So it's anyone's guess as to when/if they will increase that number any time soon. I would also venture to say you could easily reduce the number of notebooks you're using by using tags.

• 10 months later...

We don't want to use tags. We want increased number of synchronized notebooks.

If it cannot be done, we leave.

As has been mentioned many times, the current limit is 250. If that doesn't work for you, then you will need to look elsewhere. Good luck with finding the software app that works for you.

• Level 5*

We don't want to use tags. We want increased number of synchronized notebooks.

If it cannot be done, we leave.

Just curious -- why don't you want to use tags? What are you trying to do that tags don't help with? As it now stands, the 250 notebook limit is what you have to work with -- do you have some special usage that requires more than 250?

Archived