(Archived) iPhone notes permanently pending

Hi

So I am just trying out the iPhone version (original iPhone, not 3G)

all the notes I have recorded so far (photos, audio, text) seem to be permanently in the "pending" folder.

text notes written in the desktop version are showing up on the iPhone, so there is communication. Any ideas?

Thanks

Doug

I found it took about 10 or 15 minutes for my new iPhone notes to move from pending to to the Notes folder. I created a text note and a Photo note and I see my photo note was duplicated. This app is going to greatly increase my use of Evernote!

all the notes I have recorded so far (photos, audio, text) seem to be permanently in the "pending" folder.

Hi

I get this too. I am on a WiFi network at home but the notes have been pending for over 12 hours.

Any ideas gratefully received

Dave

Removing the applet from iPhone and then re-installing it worked for me too. (I lost the notes that were stuck in the Pending file, but it now works.)

FYI, I discovered Evernote because of the iPhone app -- so I did not have an existing Evernote account before I loaded the app -- used the iPhone to create my account. Then the permanent PENDING problem ensued.

Same pending problem, going on about 15 hours or so. I have 2 pending notes that I REALLY don't want to lose (because I can't remember their details) so I'm wondering if the wonderful Evernote folks know of a way to either get them synced or view them before I delete and reinstall the app on my iPhone. I'm guessing there is not, but figured I would ask.

Same for me, I have 2 notes stuck in Pending. A audio note I recorded earlier did sync though.

iphone was on 3G when I created the notes, has been on wifi for about 10 hrs since. I don't want to lose these notes if possible.

Whats the deal with this? I have been stuck in pending over wifi for ever. I even reinstalled the app. Am I missing some magical way of syncing this thing or what? Does it do it automatically? Do I have to sync it with itunes? What is the deal?

We're investigating this problem and will be sending an update of the software which may both improve this behavior and also allow us to collect a little more information if people are still having problems.

Thanks

Thanks Dave. Could you please be sure to let us know - when you release it - if the update will allow us to access our notes that our currently pending, or if those are just gone forever?

Problems aside, Evernote rules and having it on my iPhone is only going to make it better!

Updates of any iPhone apps are scheduled by Apple ... we can't just slap a binary up on our web site for you to download. So we'll never be able to give an exact date, but we hope that there will be an update this week.

I installed the most recent update and it deleted my (stuck) pending note.

Not a big deal for me (it was a test note), but for anyone with a note that they really don't want to lose, it's worth knowing about.

EDIT: the version I upgraded to was 1.0.1 on 7/15/08.

I just got my 3G iPhone last weekend and downloaded Evernote (first time user) and had the same thing with 3 notes sitting there in "pending." When I just now downloaded the update for Evernote, the 1 note I'd left in there uploaded......

Then I did a snapshot note, taking a picture of a picture on a Web page . . . that uploaded to the Web version of Evernote, as well as my MacBook, and my iPhone, in just a couple of minutes. Way cool! I'm gonna like this quite a lot, I can tell. No more having to call myself at home and leave myself messages on the answering machine :lol:

To email a note from iPhone, do you have to open the Web version of Evernote? I can't seem to figure out how to do it from the phone otherwise (forgive me, I'm *very* new to this application). Thanks!

We found a bug in the iPhone app that would prevent notes from uploading if you put a space at the beginning or end of the title (e.g. if you hit space at the end to finish a word). We have pushed an update to the service that will fix this problem, so you should be able to sync those notes successfully now.

To email a note from iPhone, do you have to open the Web version of Evernote? I can't seem to figure out how to do it from the phone otherwise (forgive me, I'm *very* new to this application). Thanks!

You can send notes from your iPhone by downloading the native application from AppStore and running it on your phone:

http://www.evernote.com/about/download/iphone/

If you'd prefer to send these via email, you can do that without downloading anything onto your phone. You just need to send email to a special address that will route directly into your account. To see this address, log in to the web UI and go to the "Settings" page. This will show you the address, which you can then add into your email address book for reuse later.

Archived