(Archived) Why waste precious screen real estate

Reflexx

Hello Evernote!

One of your biggest fans/users/evangelists here with a little gripe.

I use a Dell Streak 5 (5" android phone/tablet) and will always favor 5 to 7" devices. But these are still tiny screens. Your latest version seems to be wasting some screen room for absolutely no reason. Perhaps this looks better or prettier on bigger screens, but really hurts the vast majority of us on sub 5"ers.

Please take a look at the pics below, they should be self explanatory. I know that this is just a GUI issue, and I have no idea how difficult or easy it would be to change. But please consider it!!! Just combine everything on one tool bar and save half the room and eliminating the edges would make a HUGE difference!

[attachment=0]P1010028edit.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]P1010027edit.jpg[/attachment]

I had a similar complaint about wasting screen real estate a while ago and Evernote Team took it into account.

They introduced Full Screen note viewing. You can hit Menu->Full Screen ON and after that a note doesn't waste

any screen real estate anymore.

I had a similar complaint about wasting screen real estate a while ago and Evernote Team took it into account.

They introduced Full Screen note viewing. You can hit Menu->Full Screen ON and after that a note doesn't waste

any screen real estate anymore.

alessio.

thanks for that tip. But it's only for viewing and why triple the number of screen presses to view a note fullsize? and then to edit (or do anything else) this full screen view, you have to get out of it and start pressing more buttons. So keep the buttons bar in the full screen mode too.

gbarry.

I hope this makes logical sense to the decision makers!

gene s.

Funny. I've got the same phone and reported EXACTLY the same thing to 'em. We've got this ginormous phone and suddenly it feels small again.

I supplied screen shots as well and they said they were looking into it. I trust 'em. I imagine they'll do something in a future release. I hope so at least.

Funny. I've got the same phone and reported EXACTLY the same thing to 'em. We've got this ginormous phone and suddenly it feels small again.

It's good feedback. I don't have an ETA or anything specific to report on this, except that it's being checked out.

Archived