(Archived) Shortcut to Set focus to the tag field of active note?

oceansontap

Idea

3 replies to this idea

I've just switched from PC to Mac and and finding the lack of this shortcut frustrating. I haven't been able to discover OSX equivalents of Win's F2 (for putting focus in note title) and F3 (for putting focus in note tag field). Can anyone enlighten me as to what these are, or why on earth they don't exist in OSX?! Thanks.

• Level 5

There are several other forum users who have commented on the surprising amount of differences between the Evernote Windows and Evernote MAC capabilities.

I doubt that Evernote will comment on why. The closest you will get is a generic comment that they want to eventually have similar functions across all operating systems.

There are several other forum users who have commented on the surprising amount of differences between the Evernote Windows and Evernote MAC capabilities.

Interesting, thanks. I'm a bit frustrated that having assumed the PC to Mac switch would speed up various things for me, my workflow processes in Evernote have slowed down considerably simply due to the lack of what would seem to be fairly basic keyboard shortcuts. Very frustrating that I can't add a tag to a note using only the keyboard - especially given that you can create a new tag using only the keyboard!

Archived