(Archived) Tablet bullet problems

jnhughes

My tablet cannot indent bullets. It will do it on my Windows HP laptop but not my asus tablet. It also makes the formatting all funny when I open a note on my tablet that I originally created in Windows. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated! I already sent in a log report but I don't know if that will help me fix the problem...

+1 for this feature on Android

Nested bullets are supported on Windows. When you sync to Android they appear correctly when viewed. But when you click to edit the note (on Android), the nesting flattens and is lost. Even after you sync, it's also lost on the Windows side.

makes the formatting all funny when I open a note on my tablet that I originally created in Windows.

This is a big problem right now for me, well big is relative I suppose. Driving me nuts that I loose all my formatting within a note that I created in the Windows Client when I open it and edit in Android Honeycomb version.

• 2 weeks later...
makes the formatting all funny when I open a note on my tablet that I originally created in Windows.

This is a big problem right now for me, well big is relative I suppose. Driving me nuts that I loose all my formatting within a note that I created in the Windows Client when I open it and edit in Android Honeycomb version.

Same here, it messes up all the indentation (and other formatting also - e.g. font size). Makes editing existing notes on Android totally unusable!

• 1 month later...

I agree with everyone above! I really want to use this app to take notes in my class but I can't because this lack of feature. Such a shame because I love everything about this app but that one missing feature is a killer for me. Please add this feature!

Yeah, this seems like a shockingly huge bug: I could live with the Android app just not letting me indent things, but it actually destroys the indents that are already there! I can't use Evernote Android so long as it does this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Evernote - what's the status and priority of this feature request?

It's great to see the Evernote team constantly improving the app with a steady stream of updates. But it seems they are implementing features that are far less important than this.

• 1 month later...

A recent update to Evernote partially addresses this - the Android version can now view and edit notes that have nested bullets. This is great!

But it has significant limitations. You can only edit the text of nested bullet items. You can't change the nesting. What the app needs is the "shift left" and "shift right" buttons that change the nesting level.

A recent update to Evernote partially addresses this - the Android version can now view and edit notes that have nested bullets. This is great!

But it has significant limitations. You can only edit the text of nested bullet items. You can't change the nesting. What the app needs is the "shift left" and "shift right" buttons that change the nesting level.

Agreed -- I'm glad the Android app no longer wrecks indents/nested bullets, but I still don't feel like I can really deal with documents that contain indents/nested bullets in the app. My solution has just been to get rid of indents and nested tabs from all my Evernote documents, replacing them with spaces. Until this feature is really implemented across all of Evernote's platforms, it just seems best to me to avoid it altogether.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just had a disastrous experience involving a note with a bullet ("unordered") list: all but one of the bullets in a large and important note were DELETED when I edited the note on my android phone.

Details:

Last night, I used evernote on my phone to add some text inside of an existing bullet. When I loaded up that note on my laptop this evening, I noticed that the change hadn't synched -- I didn't see the additional text. So I opened up evernote again on the phone and pressed the "synch" button, without noticing that the entire note had been unexpectedly truncated: only the very first bullet remained.

After my laptop synched the latest changes, the note updated to appear the same as on the phone: only the first bullet survived.

Terrible experience! I couldn't find any way to roll back the erroneous update, so now I'm forced to recall the deleted contents from memory.

Now I find myself questioning whether evernote is the right tool for capturing important notes at all! I hadn't realized there was no history feature (at least, not in the free version?), meaning that fumble-fingers and synch bugs can lead to permanent data-loss..?!

Disappointed.

• 1 year later...

How is this problem not fixed after a couple of years??? I need to be able to work on my notes when I'm away from my office, but if I open them on my Nexus 7 tablet it completely screws up the formatting of all my bulleted lists. I love Evernote in general, but this one has me pulling out the little hair I have left.

Archived