(Archived) Edit table in existing note

usg

• I'm trying to edit a note where the information is contained in a table on my just acquired Samsung Android mobile phone. If I tap on a cell in a blank row (the usual way of bringing up the keyboard in most applications) nothing happens. If I edit a note without a table, I can tap on the leftmost icon at the very bottom of the Samsung's screen (where the "Home" icon is also located, a list of options comes up with "edit"; tap "edit" and I can add to the note. With a note containing tables, the tap on the leftmost icon brings up one option: "Set Location." Most of my notes have tables. Help!

• 4 months later...

This is really annoying. I was on the road with my android tablet this weekend and tried to edit my expenses table, just to find out that it's impossible.

Evernote for Android won't be a true productivity tool while missing this basic feature of table editing.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to figure Evernote out. I have no problem doing most of what I need on my home computer. The Toshiba Thrive Tablet is frustating me though. I'm hoping to use this to do my Daily Reports for the project I'm working on. I created a Blank Form that I was hoping to be able to Copy/Paste each day and fill in the report. Is there a way to do that on the tablet? Or do I just create the new notes for each day from the house with the form C/P for editing on the job?

guido, I think as things stand now, you would be wise to make your standard form not a table, but just an ordinary note. Then you could add information to it on your tablet.

Like others I do think it would be nice to at least be able to add cell content to tables on my tablet.

• 7 months later...

Work around. When I created my table on my PC, I put a dummy value (*) in each of the empty cells. When I used by mobile to edit the values, I just tapped on the appropriate cell and edited the value. It works, but is a bit clunky. Also, some cell formatting is not available, e.g. text alignment, text color, etc. For most of my stuff, I was forced to use Google Docs.

• 6 months later...

"The current version of the note editor doesn't allow to edit an empty cell.
This is on our list for future improvements."

It also doesn't allow to add/delete rows or columns...

You wrote this post about a year and a half ago, and I wonder what was on your list for future improvements, but this one is one of the most basic and most needed feature for many people... Jesus Christ, how much time will it take to program it??? If you were working a year and a half on other things, I guess this feature has very very low priority, but WHY??? It is NEEDED...

Please make it as soon as possible...

• 5 months later...

"The current version of the note editor doesn't allow to edit an empty cell.

This is on our list for future improvements."

It also doesn't allow to add/delete rows or columns...

You wrote this post about a year and a half ago, and I wonder what was on your list for future improvements, but this one is one of the most basic and most needed feature for many people... Jesus Christ, how much time will it take to program it??? If you were working a year and a half on other things, I guess this feature has very very low priority, but WHY??? It is NEEDED...

Please make it as soon as possible...

I agree completely. I'm a little less emotional about it, but what peterhevesi writes is true: it simply cannot be that hard, it is a very basic feature and to see other improvements take priority over this for such a long time baffles me.

Tables may not be as hot as introducing an Evernote Market, but they are a very efficient way of storing information.I simply do not understand the decision to support tables and barely offer basic functionality to edit them. Especially for an application that is renowned across all major platforms. I like almost everything about Evernote, but this is a deal breaker for me. If Google Keep were to support creating and modifying tables for example, I would jump ship. I can even imagine you don't really care about the opinion of a free user, but don't you (developers) think such an oversight is bad for Evernote's reputation in general?

It's been over two years now. Maybe this can be bumped up on that list of future improvements?

• 1 month later...

Archived