(Archived) How to send logs to Evernote

hgarg

Hi,

You can use Evernote's built-in feature to send the logs.

Start Evernote app

Go to the home screen, tap your username at the top left hand corner on phone, select "settings"

select "technical support" and then "send logs".

Select any email client (Gmail for eg)

Enter the following email id - android-preview@evernote.com.

Pls mention the use case or the issue seen in the email subject.

When you have to send logs, first try to reproduce the issue or crash and then immediately follow the above procedure.

Thanks,

Hemant

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

• I like the option to hide the notebook and tag bar. After I had the program open for a few minutes and did some initial poking around, the button to hide the notebook and tag bar quit responding. I had to kill the program and open it again to get it to respond. This happened multiple times in the course of me writing this review.

• Evernote is not color blind! I like that I can see different text color. That's a nice touch and one step forward to good rich text editing on the mobile platform. I can't wait until I can type in colored text on the mobile platform. Speaking of, the ability to edit more complex notes besides just text based notes would be wonderful. As is, if I include a horizontal line even or god forbid a web clipping, the UI to edit the text is uncomfortable and strange. Also, just not being able to edit simple things like tables is annoying and makes that feature the least used feature in Evernote, for me personally. I do most of my work on the mobile platform so notes that I can't edit in my tablet are frustrating and almost worthless (good for reference, but if you can edit it, you can't get any work done, right?).

• The video option seems like a natural idea in Evernote's evolution. I can't test this option out though because my tablet doesn't have a camera. Sorry.

• I would like to see some more improvement of the tag's options. I would like to at least be able to delete a tag from the list (not just from a note, but delete it all together.) Not much change here, but the sort option is nice.

• I still can't empty or see my trash yet? Bummer.

• I stil can't merge notes? Bummer.

• I'm not sure if the note count in the upper right hand corner in the "all notes" view is new but this is the first time I've noticed it. Nice touch.

• The map option in the "all notes" view is pretty neat. I don't think I would personally use this information on a regular basis or for anything important, though. I would like to see Evernote use those kinds of resources on bridging the compatibility gap between the PC, Web App, and Mobile platforms before it shows off the fact that it can figure out where you where when you made the note. I just want to be able to edit something other than plain text on my tablet, not be reminded that Evernote is tracking me constantly. I guess that would be handy for journaling, but Evernote isn't exactly journaling friendly. I've found it rather boring to try and keep a daily journal in Evernote. Unless Evernote can come out with a way for me to handwrite on my tablet or phone and save it as a note (not Skitch, something more like Freenote) I don't see myself using Evernote as a journal. I would love to be able to though, since I use it for practically everything else.

• On the new menu button inside notes that give you the options of:
    • Full Screen On/Off (Love it!)
    • Create Shortcut (WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?)
    • Move to Notebook
    • Tag
    • Select Text (super handy!)
    • Note Info
    • Delete.
    • Once the button is opened, the UI is clean and clear, the extra options are WONDERFUL, especially the Create Shortcut option, but the button itself is not very visually appealing. As a matter of fact, if I wasn't exploring around on purpose, I may have not even noticed that it was a button for a quite a while. It blends in a little too well. If the icon were something more like a standard menu icon it would be more recognizable and hence, usable.

• Love the new option to sort the view of the tags, notes, and notebooks. I've been looking forward to the option to change the sorting view within my notebooks for a while now. It is very important for people like me who use very few notebook and tags. The ability to sort my notes differently for each notebook would be extremely helpful, though. I don't like the fact that if I change one notebook to sort by date that all the other notebook automatically sort by date as well. Some notebooks I need sorted alphabetically, some by date created, some by date updated. Personally, sort by country and city is not very helpful but I can see why it would be for some people.

• I haven't had any experienced anymore bugs yet, other than the hide notebooks and tags button. Kudos.

• In conclusion, I like the new updates. There are some subtle yet functional new options. The UI is still clean and simple. My favorite new update, by far, is the ability to create shortcuts within notes. My least favorite is the look of the new menu icon. The two things I wish were here that aren't are the ability to edit anything other than simple text notes and the ability to merge notes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You can use Evernote's built-in feature to send the logs.

Start Evernote app, press menu option, select "settings", select "support" and then select send logs.

Select any email client (Gmail for eg)

Enter the following email id - android-preview@evernote.com.

Pls mention the use case or the issue seen in the email subject.

When you have to send logs, first try to reproduce the issue or crash and then immediately follow the above procedure.

Thanks,

Hemant

Evernote has not synced with my Android phone since it downloaded the new version several days ago. Very frustrating. Found this page. Tried to follow instructions. Nothing happens when I hit 'Menu' on my Android. Thought about removing Evernote from the phone and reinstalling, but I have been saving lots of stuff to it the last week and do not want to lose it all.

Please advise.

Thanks

Archived