(Archived) Evernote for Android v. 3.2 Beta 5

Xavier_

Hi All,

A new update for Android phone and tablet (version 3.2 Beta 5 - rev. 175485) is available.

In the release:

- Create a new Skitch note from the widget

- Several bug fixes including an issue when syning Evernote.

Please give it a good try, especially on the different new features we have recently added (list below).

If you experience any bug or issue, including usability issue, please report it here.

Here is the link to download:

http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

Thanks for your help!

Xavier

save attachment locally

tap menu key within a note / Save attachments / Select the attachments you want to copy

move note to notebook

long press on a snippet / move to notebook, or tap menu key inside a note / more / move to notebook

slideshow view

Open a note containing pictures

If the note contains only pictures the first picture will be displayed full screen.

Swipe to display the next picture.

Tap the picture, then tap the button at the bottom right (circle) to display the options (rotate, save to downloads ..)

Tap the picture then tap the button at the bottom left (arrows) to share the picture.

Tap the icon on the top left corner to see the regular note view.

If the note contains text and picture

Tap the icon on the top left corner to display the slideshow view

or Tap a picture to switch to slideshow view

offline search

Select airplane mode on the device

Go to Evernote home screen, select search

Tap the words you are looking for.

browse and add tags - improved experience

open a note

tap edit tags

the UI has been modified to make it faster and more intuitive

create a blank picture with skitch

open a note

tap edit

tap the Skitch icon in the action bar

Skitch is launched with a blank canvas

draw in Skitch

tap the Evernote icon on the right top corner

the picture is added in attachment to the note

edit a picture with skitch

open a note with pictures attached

tap edit

tap the picture in attachment to edit

select Annotate with Skitch or download/upgrade Skitch if the latest version is not installed

free users can attach any kind of document

Several times I have updated to the beta. The first time, it lost all of my notes right after the update. So I uninstalled and reinstalled and updated. Several hours later it lost all of my notes (not sure what prompted that). I tried two more times and each time the program worked great until it auto-updated from the market (updating backwards to the most recent public version) and lost all of my notes. The program won't sync up with my account until I uninstall and reinstall. I'm using a T-Mobile MyTouch G4, Android 2.2.1. :'(

Dear Evernote Team!

Thanks for another great additions to already rich feature set in the Android client.

I really like the new option to save attachments, it works great. Local search also

works perfectly for me. And also pretty fast, considering the fact that I have about

800MB of local notebooks stored on my phone. Additionally, I am happy to see where

EN is heading with tight integration of Skitch.

So, thank you again! And keep up the good work. :D

Saved searches does't work offline in this version :(

And... Please, include the option to strikeout words in editing mode.

Hi,

As of now, advanced search features are not supported by offline search. So if your saved search has tag: or date: etc then offline search will not work.

We will add the advanced search support soon.

Thanks,

Hemant

Dear Evernote Team!

Thanks for another great additions to already rich feature set in the Android client.

I really like the new option to save attachments, it works great. Local search also

works perfectly for me. And also pretty fast, considering the fact that I have about

800MB of local notebooks stored on my phone. Additionally, I am happy to see where

EN is heading with tight integration of Skitch.

So, thank you again! And keep up the good work. :)

Amen! I especially love the better Skitch integration. I hope there is more development on the Skitch side of things to optimize it for note taking.

Keep up the good work!

Hi, with this new update, if I make an indented note within a note on the web using Firefox and then sync to the device, then whole note goes missing in my Android device (Samsung Galaxy S2.) I went back to web refreshed, it was still there, refreshed on my Android, still wasn't there. So I removed indentation and my notes within that note reappeared on the device.

let me know if you need more information to correct this problem.

Regarding the comment on Rotation above, I don't seem to get this (I updated again last night to build 176558, on Samsung Galaxy S). Tapping the photo when viewing only brings up the zoom control.

Is the idea here the ability to rotate the image, and save it to the note? I hope so, as EN always gets the orientation wrong when photographing documents, which is rather annoying. Especially since I'm largely a Linux user, and the web interface doesn't allow rotates either.

Thanks,

Nick

I can't create or edit tables in my Android. Tables created in Evernote PC. Editing is very difficult.

Regards

YES! This as well as the difficulty with crossing out the text still make Evernote very tedious for simple grocery and todo lists, as well as daily logs (food, workout, etc.) However, these features are MUCH improved in the desktop version. Thank you!!

I realize these might be cpu intensive features. Maybe there could be an advanced Android version for the new Dual core phones?? My G2x can handle it as can many new phones. Just leave the "older" version in the market for slower phones.

In my notebook list, it shows a stack, where there is no stack

here it is:

Inbox

Actions

>Reference

Reference (500)

It's like my notebook is duplicated into itself??

Also I cannot load evernote without my phone crashing now, but I think I may have a corrupted sd card.

Hi,

Pls send us logs of the crash while uploading the note.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=29564&p=126287#p126287

Thanks,

Hemant

Android developer

Archived