(Archived) Structured Lists

As a pre-med student, I would like to use evernote on my iPad whenever I am shadowing Physicians. That being said, I would like to be able to take notes about the patients/cases that I see in a structured list with numbers, letters, etc. Part of what I'm looking for is a running list of numbers, even if there are breaks in between the numbers. See below for an example:

This is what EN does now:

Date: Physician:

Practice:

Start Time:

End Time:

Total Time:

1. Patient information

1. hx:

2. sx:

3. dx:

4. rx:

2. Patient information

1. hx:

2. sx:

3. dx:

4. rx:

Practice:

Start Time:

End Time:

Total Time:

1. Patient information

1. hx:

2. sx:

3. dx:

4. rx:

This is what I would like for EN to do:

Practice:

Start Time:

End Time:

Total Time:

1. Patient information

a. hx:

b. sx:

c. dx:

d. rx:

2. Patient information

a. hx:

b. sx:

c. dx:

d. rx:

Practice:

Start Time:

End Time:

Total Time:

3. Patient information

a. hx:

b. sx:

c. dx:

d. rx:

Notice that in what EN does now, whenever I shadow on a different day, the patient number resets and doesn't continue - Please let me know if I've let anything unclear - is there anyway I can use EN like this?

Thanks!

J

• Level 5*

There's certainly no convenient way to do this at the current time. In the Windows client, you can copy such a list from, say, MS Word, and it will appear correctly in Evernote (so far as my limited testing goes), but editing it will not keep the style for new entries. You might also be able to do it with the 3rd-party ENML editor announced here: http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=28799. Again, even if it works, once edited there, Evernote will not honor the different styles that you want.

Archived