(Archived) Shortcut for quick editing (appending) a note?

HoverHell

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for but the app PostEver will continuously append to a note (I believe it starts a new note every day). There are also other apps that have similar functions. Check out the Trunk.

• Level 5*
I don't see any evernote widgets available on my ZTE.

OK I'm confused - if I choose "add ~ widgets" on my home page settings, a couple of options for Evernote pop up (amongst a LOT of other stuff) including the one I mentioned. There's nothing specific on the Evernote site other than the Android app download, so I assume I got these widgets from the download I installed. I'm using the 171234 v3.2 Beta3 app which may be the difference - also my Samsung Droid runs Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread..?) which could be a factor. Sorry if all the above was a read (pun) herring.

As others have noted there are lots of note-taking apps which seem to offer additional functionality - if you can't get the Widget you should find one of these will help!

EDIT (an hour later with my brain switched on..) see http://blog.evernote.com/2010/08/11/eve ... id-update/

• 3 weeks later...

Evernote still does not provide a functionality like PostEver.

How come, EN developers never think of something like that?

Why does the Android EN client start downloading the headers of ALL notes when one opens

EN on an Android phone. In my case it's over 1700 documents which would take hours to download.

A bit of thoughtfulness would really help and one would not have to use third-party apps for the

quick posting of a note.

Cheers.

Paul

Why does the Android EN client start downloading the headers of ALL notes when one opens

EN on an Android phone. In my case it's over 1700 documents which would take hours to download.

Headers are downloaded only once, at the initial synchronisation.

Archived