(Archived) Clipper Extension - questions/issues

nick101

Idea

I know the current clipper extension is a beta, so I'm happy to accept it'll have imperfections. I don't know whether the following are decisions or bugs:

1. The extension simply seems to embody the functionality of the bookmarklet, in that it seems to want to send clippings to EN on the web, rather than my local EN on the Mac. Have I understood that properly? Is that the intention?

2. Most of the time, when I click in the Extension dialog to clip, the window simply blanks and nothing else happens. Any ideas? I'm on Safari 5.1/Lion 10.7.1

Thanks

10 replies to this idea

1) Safari 5.1 introduced new restrictions 'preventing' native / local clipping.

So basically, I can only clip if I have an active internet connection, and I have to sync EN desktop to get my clipping local? Just wanting to be sure I understand

2) The blank popup bug is being fixed and a new update is in the works.

OK, thanks

• Level 5*

So basically, I can only clip if I have an active internet connection, and I have to sync EN desktop to get my clipping local? Just wanting to be sure I understand

Yup.

Yup.

Thanks. And also for the uninstall/reinstall suggestion, which appears to have worked

I'm also having clipper extension issues - not the clipper that's in my browser, but the one that sits up in my top my top menu bar all the time. When I choose 'clip rectangle/window to EN' and get crosshairs, they move ok for about an inch and then freeze up. This has been happening for maybe 2 months (so across a few product updates presumably). I think the suggestion above to install/reinstall might help... but how do you do that?

I had started to rely on the browser clipper to capture webpages of competitors and graphic design ideas to send to my branding agency... only to discover after about 50 of them that they are seldom represented as a visual mirror once in EN. Instead they end up a huge long stream of content, not conveying the look/feel I wanted to share. So I think a screenshot approach will be a better way to do this, and therefore I need my main clipper to be working again (unless someone has better tips on getting the browser's 'clip full page' function to work better, though perhaps that's a separate topic)

Thanks!

Archived