(Archived) Evernote for Android v. 3.2 Beta 4

Xavier_

Hi All,

A new update for Android phone and tablet (version 3.2 Beta 4 - rev. 173379) is available.

What's new in this release?

- Draw a note with Skitch - ink note

open a note, tap edit, tap the Skitch icon in the action bar

Skitch is launched with a blank canvas

draw in Skitch, tap the Evernote icon on the right top corner

the picture is added in attachment to the note

- Annotate a picture with Skitch

open a note with pictures attached, tap edit, tap the picture in attachment to edit, select Annotate with Skitch or download/upgrade Skitch if the latest version is not installed

- Slideshow view in note containing text and pictures

go to a note containing text and pictures like a web clip, tap the icon on the top left corner to display the slideshow view or tap a picture to switch to slideshow view

the pictures are displayed in full screen. Swipe to navigate.

Here is the link to download:

http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

So far works beautifully! But I would like to have e ability to save a rotated image. Also, skitch is great, I love it, but it may need more functions similar to PicSay in order to be even better. I.e word balloon.

2 weeks into Evernote and I already curse myself for not using Evernote ever before. I ditched Paperport Pro for Evernote. I'm now a premium member and will convert my whole office into it.

Samsung Galaxy S2

Wow!! This app (EN ...& Skitch) is great! Being able to annotate my pics is very useful. Since adding boxes, circle, and esp arrows isn't exactly super precise with fat fingers, it would be very helpful to be able to do a little modifying of the graphics. I'd like to be able rotate a little -- if I drop down an arrow and it's not quite the right length or position, I have to keep trying until I create it right the first time. Rotating/resizing boxes/lines would be nice too.

Now the only real pic function I find that I go outside EN for is crop (you have rotate). If you could add crop right there next to rotate that would be helpful.

The other cool aspect of annotating pics is that the text is searchable - freak'n sweet. I do repair work and taking a pic of some chronic problem area and then adding an arrow with comment is very useful. Having that annotation (that's embedded in the image) searchable is just icing on the cake... it made me all tingly-like.

Keep up the good work!

Some comments regarding the beta 4.

- I generally like to see what notebook/tags a note has. Now this is extremely difficult. I need to navigate the menus to get that information while it should just be displayed in the list!

- Changing a notebook and modifying tags should be a standard operation easily accessible while viewing the note. Could it just be added to the top toolbar (on honeycomb tablet) next to the edit note icon? There is heaps of space so there should be a way to change notebook and tags through the toolbar.

- Finally, while allowing hierarchical structure of tags in the web interface if this is not visible during tag selection? The flat list of tags makes me confused. Just like in the main screen, the hierarchy should be preserved in the tag selection window!

Thanks for the great work guys!

Skitch is great and can see it being handy on the phone. Just checked the result on my Mac client and it shows up. However, can we edit our Skitches later on anything other than Android?

Also, the little 'finger' icon in the bar across the bottom... in the Help section, I read that as I should be able to select and move and edit colors, but say I've created an arrow. I tap the finger icon, then tap the arrow to try to change it's color, width, direction, etc. and nothing happens. Am I not using this correctly?

And lastly, not sure why I would need a different text creation box, when I can just make notes in EN anyway...

Keep up the great work!!

Hi, I'm having this issue with the release version and the beta 4 version. I have a bunch of notes that have powerpoint attachments. I have quick office HD on my asus transformer tablet running android 3.2 Whenever I try to open a powerpoint attachment it tells me there is "no activity found to handle this action" pdf's open up fine (they will open in quick office but if I try to open with polaris office it force closes polaris office but polaris office works fine on my tablet, only issue is when opening files from evernote) I havent tried any other type of document yet, I will test that now. But I just uploaded about 20 powerpoint presentations for my class so I can view them during class on my tablet it just makes it more cumbersome to have to save the attachment then open up quick office, then open the file. Is there a way to get evernote to open the powerpoint in quick office that I'm missing?

Hi,

Can we please have Indentation functionality in Android? I'm starting to write my tasks within notes and some tasks I need to write are indented tasks, which I refer to them as Subtasks. It works fine on the web and windows native client, but not in Android.

Thanks

Wow!! This app (EN ...& Skitch) is great! Being able to annotate my pics is very useful. Since adding boxes, circle, and esp arrows isn't exactly super precise with fat fingers, it would be very helpful to be able to do a little modifying of the graphics. I'd like to be able rotate a little -- if I drop down an arrow and it's not quite the right length or position, I have to keep trying until I create it right the first time. Rotating/resizing boxes/lines would be nice too.

+1

Addition and integration of Skitch is great!

An issue a noticed with installation of the beta. After installing, there was a notification on the screen saying: Upgrading database. The notification did not go away for over a half hour. I had to reboot.

I'm glad to see offline searching is now supported (a much needed feature). Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me at all. I enabled it and tried several searches while offline, even using the first word of the title of the newest note, and in all cases get no search results. Is this feature working for anyone?

I'd also like to second the request for indentation control when entering/editing notes in Android.

Thanks!

Archived