(Archived) Evernote as corporate knowledgebase

This may have been covered before, but I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm interested in using Evernote as a corporate knowledgebase for about 20 users and I'm not sure as to what is the best configuration.

I realize that setting up a notebook(s) and sharing it with all the users would be the simplest, but I expect the database to grow rather large over time and I'm not sure I want to take up that much space on each users machine. As I understand it, a shared notebook is synced with you local machine and becomes part of your EN database.

What would happen if I setup one EN account/database on our server and had all the users run EN from the server as if they were all one user? Would that cause database integrity issues?

Are there other suggestions for the best way to do this?

• Level 5*

I think that Evernote is not set up for simultaneous access to a single note database. For one thing, the database name is keyed to the user name.

How much space are we really talking about here? A few GB per user?

How much space are we really talking about here? A few GB per user?

Agreed. Given that premium accounts can only upload 1 gig a month, you're talking ~12 gigs (at most) per year. That means at the end of three years, you're talking 36 gigs, which is peanuts in today's world. (I just bought a 3 terabyte, external drive at Costco yesterday for $130.) And, at least IME, since you're talking corporate environment, most likely those computers will be/have been cycled out of use for newer computers with even larger boot drives than the ones you currently have.

• Level 5*
Take a look at Confluence by Atlassian.

It even works in Windows!! (we use it here)

It works on everything and is pretty cheap I think for what you get.

We do have some Windows users left....the older guys......

Archived