Editing Tables in iOS Evernote

I use the Cornell notetaking system for taking notes in Biology, which is a table with a sidebar for key concepts and questions, and a summary at the bottom of each page. I'd love to use Evernote in this way, and I can on the Mac using tables (the summary is a bit cumbersome since you can't merge two columns). Of course I can use other apps like Pages and create templates and what not, but I love the integration of Evernote everywhere.

Can I throw out a recommendation for adding another bit of cross platform support (loving that you've added rich text editing now) in the form of being able to edit tables on iPads? Thank you!

• 2 years later...

Being able insert/change tables in iOS would be a HUGE +. I just found out that I can copy past and existing table from another note, delete all the data and reuse the table. But you can't change the pasted table!

Seo, I suggest you look up posts by GrumpyMonkey, a.k.a. Christopher Mayo. He has an amazing website replete with How To's and a free Shared Notebook you could join. He's an educator and his site is geared towards both other educators and students in higher education. He has several templates you are free to use and I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that one of them is for Cornell notetaking.

• Level 5*

Seo, I suggest you look up posts by GrumpyMonkey, a.k.a. Christopher Mayo. He has an amazing website replete with How To's and a free Shared Notebook you could join. He's an educator and his site is geared towards both other educators and students in higher education. He has several templates you are free to use and I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that one of them is for Cornell notetaking.

Thanks for the kind words! However, I am afraid I didn't have a Cornell note-taking template.

I put one together this morning, though, and I have no problems editing the content of tables on my iPad. Remember, you'll want to keep one of these notes as a template. Use the new "duplicate" note feature (tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the note) to make a new note as needed.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s74/sh/e34bc6a2-20b1-4728-a795-6b9c3b4fe1e3/404805e86f69b00549d9dc028ed32a4d

Archived