(Archived) Using Evernote content with EagleFiler/OpenMeta apps

imlad

Idea

I am trying to integrate EN into the wider context of how I organize files, emails, etc. My goal is to be able to refer to EN tags using other programs, and to be able to apply tags to EN notes through other programs. For instance, I would love to be able to view my EN note's tags through a saved search in TagLists, import an EN note into EagleFiler and automatically see the note's tags that were assigned to it in EN in EagleFiler. I would then like to tag the EN note through EF or some tagging software like Tagger, and be able to see the tags appear in the EN note when I am looking at it through the EN interface.

I discovered that the individual EN notes exist as separate files on my Mac at the somewhat obscure folder named /Users/[my computer's name]/Library/Caches/Metadata/CoreData/com.evernote.Evernote/EE27C1EF-CAFE-444D-A135-CFB63020C9F2/ENNote/_records/

If I double click on any of the pxxx.ennote files in the folder, the file is opened in EN. It seems, though, that if I copy the file to another directory and try to launch it from there, EN opens, but not to the note itself but to wherever it happens to be currently open or where it was open last before it was closed. My hope was to copy the .ennote file to the EF directory and invoke it from there.

Thus my first question is whether it is possible to access the file from anywhere BUT the directory it happens to be at.

I also know I can get the list of tags associated with a given EN note through AppleScript. I am curious if anyone has tried to take such a list and apply it to the actual ennote file that corresponds with the EN note (that can be gotten through AppleScript as well, though it would need to be parsed a bit -

tell application "Evernote"
set the_note to the selection
end tell

If the list of tags could then be entered as OpenMeta tags associated with the .ennote file of the EN note, then any software that looks at the OpenMeta tags of files (such as TagLists) would include the EN note ennote file in an OpenMeta search results.

My second question is whether anyone knows of an AppleScript that extracts the tags from an EN note and then assigns them as OpenMeta tags to the EN note's ennote file (TagoMan2 is AppleScript scriptable so it could be used for the assignment).

Finally and to complete the picture, I am curious if there is an AppleScript out there to take the OpenMeta tags of an ennote file and assign them to the corresponding EN note - so that if new tags were assigned to the file by an external software, they could find their way into EN and be available through that interface.

I don't have a great deal of experience with AppleScript, but I am very motivated to get this working. Before doing so, I wanted to make sure I was not reinventing the wheel.

Regards,

Daniel.

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived