(Archived) Screen clip markup during clipping

One one Windows computer, I still use an old Evernote client version 3.1.0.1225 because of some features it had that have been removed from all the newer Evernote clients. With that version, I could use Evernote to take a screen clip and while the area was selected, I could hit printscreen again and be presented with editing tools similar to Windows Paint. I could draw markings on my screenclip such as circles, freehand, text, etc. I could then save my changes and it would be clipped into my note.

I have used Evernote since 2008 and 95% of all my notes consist of technical instructions such as how to set up a new software package. These notes contain many screenshots. With an up-to-date Evernote client, I no longer have the capability to annotate a screenshot on the fly and have to individually edit each screenshot by opening it up in Windows paint. This procedure takes much longer than it used to when I could simply edit a screenshot on the fly. If there is still a way to do this, I would like to know how. If not, then I beg Evernote to put that feature back in or at least give me an option to have some sort of built-in editing.

Thanks,

Rod

You'll need to use third party apps such as Jetscreenshot (Windows, free), Snagit (Windows, not free), Skitch (Mac), etc. The other option is to double click the image in the note. This will invoke the image editor on your computer & open the image, where you can then edit/save.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I tried all of them. I was very impressed with Skitch for the Mac and I think it will take care of my needs on that side. I tried Jetscreenshot and was not so impressed. It seemed a little sluggish and clunky. I also downloaded a trial of Snagit and from what I have seen of it so far, I think that will be my solution on the Windows side. I have used Snagit several years ago packaged with Camtasia Studio but hadn't even thought of it for a long time.

Rod

I don't use a Mac, so have never used Skitch. However, since EN recently acquired Skitch and plans on making Skitch available on all the platforms EN lives on, I suppose I'll eventually end up being able to use it on my iPhone.

I move between both Jetscreenshot & Snagit on my Windows computers. But I know some people don't want to/can't spend the money on Snagit, so they are left with Jetscreenshot. (Or any other free apps of a similar nature.) Honestly, I think I need to spend some time delving into the Snagit manual and/or message board b/c I'm sure I'm not using it to it's fullest potential. :D

Archived