(Archived) How to remove local copies of photos

I am using Evernote on an Android device. Each photo which I add to an Evernote item ist stored in the local photo gallery of my Android device too. How can I remove all the local copies which meanwhile are copied as note attachments to the cloud?

Johann

If you connect the phone via USB to your PC, I think you can simply delete them from the DCIM directory. My phone has a '100ANDRO' directory where camera photos are stored. I think I deleted the '.thumbnails' directory too, otherwise you have problems with mismatched thumbnails and photos.

Deleting them directly from the phone rather than using the method above is slower and more unwieldy, but will take care of thumbnail maintenance automatically.

Thank you for your tip, but that is not what I have expected. As a matter of fact there are stored a lot of photos locally as "temporary" objects, only needed by Evernote to attach them immediately to an Evernote item, where it should be stored only. If I use the snapshot feature or the feature to add a photo while editing an Evernote item, I don't expect to create a photo locally on my device - it should be deleted automatically by Evernote after attaching it to the Evernote item.

With best regards,

Johann

Archived