(Archived) Sharing screen clips - posting in forums, etc.

Hi all!

I am currently exploring the many uses of Evernote and have come across the 'share note' feature. One thing that I frequently need is the posting of screen clips in forums for illustration purposes. Is it somehow possible to have the link that you can copy from within Evernote go directly to the clip in order to use it as an inline image (e.g. with the %7Boption%7D tags in BBCode)?

Thanks,

Helge.

I had this discussion with someone else about this, they were trying to hotlink an image in a forum post...

It is possible, but it is a little awkward.

The note has to be shared, and the link to the image, taken from the web version.

EDIT: Ok, that didn't work. I have to work out how we did it again...hang on :(

39ce853c-1060-4692-86b1-98e5b3435f05.png

Link:http://www.evernote.com/shard/s26/sh/3752c192-7b4b-453f-a429-423e5e89d76b/1791726923352c99c59a4903ea2a6beb/res/39ce853c-1060-4692-86b1-98e5b3435f05.png

Ok.

• [*:12hksmch]Copy Shared note link URL to clipboard in EN
    [*:12hksmch]Open shared note in browser
    [*:12hksmch]Click and drag image into address bar (there are other methods depending on browser)
    [*:12hksmch]Use this link to embed...

Like I said...not the easiest solution

Ummm..."hotlinking" is generally frowned upon, IME. You are using someone else's bandwidth & image.

My image...

But seeing as it is a shared note, wouldn't it be using the bandwidth whether it was shown like above or if the note is simply linked to? (and then clicked/loaded)

(I don't really know about the technicalities of it...I generally put images in Dropbox or Wordpress...just wanted to say that it is possible...)

My image...

Ok. IME, "hotlinking" generally is loading an image from someone else's server.

But seeing as it is a shared note, wouldn't it be using the bandwidth whether it was shown like above or if the note is simply linked to? (and then clicked/loaded)

(I don't really know about the technicalities of it...I generally put images in Dropbox or Wordpress...just wanted to say that it is possible...)

I guess to clarify, if you're hotlinking your own image that resides in your own shared notebook, then it's ok. But when using URLs that end up pulling an image that's not yours and not on your own server, then it's generally frowned upon. Just sayin'. :(

Hello!

I am new here and my motherlanguage is German!

I am looking for the possibility to put a note from EN (PC-win7) to the dropbox!

If I export (.html) from the PC to dropbox, the text and the photos are separate!

I like to have the fotos IN the text as in the note of evernote!!!

From the iPad (1) it is not possible to export except email????? (facebook and twitter are not mine :D)

I hope, you unterstand, what I mean :)

Thank you and best regards

Moni

I am looking for the possibility to put a note from EN (PC-win7) to the dropbox!

If I export (.html) from the PC to dropbox, the text and the photos are separate!

If you are using Dropbox to open the note with another Evernote client, then you can always export as .enex. If you are looking for a way to use the note with another programme, then you might be out of luck. There are Applescript solutions for exporting to RTF, but for windows, there is only the option to print as PDF or - as you have already tried - exporting to HTML with added files for attachments.

Sorry to not be of more help!

You can print the Evernote to PDF, using a virtual printer such as CutePDF Writer (free.)

Hello and thank you, both!

The CutePDF Writer works only from the PC :(

Another question: Is it possible to make a photo smaller IN Evernote? Without an extern program????

(as in pages f.i. with two Fingers on iPad; or resize)

This "problem is solved - I found a free Reziser :D

Archived