(Archived) How About "Social" Evernote?

Evernote has a huge army of devoted users that love the program. Why not develop some type of service to encourage this army to share notebooks (those which they don't mind being public) that could be listed in a central repository for other EN users to browse through and add to their shared collections. I can see people sharing everything from recipe notebooks to home inventory notebooks. This is just one idea off the top of my head - I am sure there are many others ways that EN could turn EN into a more social product that would allow their army of users to share things with each other.

Evernote can PM me and I will give them the address to send their check to thank me for this wonderful idea :).

• Level 5*
4865 posts and I don't think I've seen a useful/helpful one from you yet. It's unfortunately this forum doesn't have an "ignore" feature.

Actually, BurgersNFries has helped a lot of people in these forums; guess you haven't seen them. BTW, the forum does have an "ignore" feature.

This is actually something that like every new Evernote employee brings up at some point "Why don't we have a library of Public Notebooks?"

Uh, because not all public notebooks are *meant* to be shared.

Or anyone could set up a website and host links.....

I believe the problem with that is that it wouldn't work as it would all have to be done manually. The idea would only work if it's built into EN itself, in a way that makes it easy and fun for users. If for instance when I went to share a notebook I could choose to share it with other users in the repository. Users could even rate notebooks so those deemed best would appear at the top. Similarly, a user could go to the share page and browse public notebooks by rating or name.

I'd point out that anyone that is using this forum is in some way realizing the benefits of peer support in the cloud. It's a powerful thing and I've learned that the willingness of people to share with other users should not be underestimated.

This is actually something that like every new Evernote employee brings up at some point "Why don't we have a library of Public Notebooks?"

Uh, because not all public notebooks are *meant* to be shared.

Uh :-), I figured it was just a given that and mechanism that would be implemented would require people to specifically choose that they wanted to share a notebook both publicly AND to the "repository". This type of thing is quite common all over the web in fact, where the user chooses between something like "allow this photo to be viewed by anyone with the link" (i.e. public but you have to know the link) or "make this photo public, users will see it as they browse your public albums" (i.e. public and you don't have to know the link).

• Level 5

Actually, BurgersNFries has helped a lot of people in these forums; guess you haven't seen them. BTW, the forum does have an "ignore" feature.

The Evernote Evangelists are classified as either a moderator or administrator - I don't know which, but unfortunately we are not able to ignore the posts from BurgersNFries because she is an Evangelist. Believe me, I have tried.

From the User Control Panel section of this forum:

• Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.

• Level 5*
The Evernote Evangelists are classified as either a moderator or administrator - I don't know which, but unfortunately we are not able to ignore the posts from BurgersNFries because she is an Evangelist. Believe me, I have tried.

Ah, you're right then, my mistake. Sorry, but I've never Foe'd anyone, ever. Nevertheless, my first statement remains true.

Archived