(Archived) Can't link my Skitch account to skitch.com

DigitalBirdie

Hi,

I have an existing Skitch account which I paid for and have been using skitch.com to share my pics.

For various reasons, I had to uninstall/reinstall Skitch via the Mac app store. I'm attempting to fill in my userid/password in the Share tab of Skitch, but there seems to be a problem selecting skitch.com in the pulldown. When I do this, it says I'm using an anonymous account and offers to send me to skitch.com to create an account. But I already have one there. There's no way for me to associate my existing logon info with the new Share dialog box in Skitch. It seems that the Skitch/Evernote integration has hosed something up.

Any ideas how I can get the Skitch app to recognize my skitch.com app?

Thanks.

Go to Skitch preferences > Share

Select and use the '-' button in the lower right to delete the Skitch share account

Quit and relaunch Skitch

Press the Share button, and choose either the "Evernote" or the 'I'm old Skool' option, depending on whether you wish to login with your Skitch.com or your Evernote credentials.

After signing in, Press the Share button again.

Go to Skitch preferences > Share

Select and use the '-' button in the lower right to delete the Skitch share account

Quit and relaunch Skitch

Press the Share button, and choose either the "Evernote" or the 'I'm old Skool' option, depending on whether you wish to login with your Skitch.com or your Evernote credentials.

After signing in, Press the Share button again.

I got an email from you folks with the exact same advice, but there is no "Evernote" or "I'm old Skool" option.

Best bet is to open a support case - I know they are having to do some shenanigans behind the scenes with a few accounts.

That might be the best thing to do. Heather - an Evernote employee - responded to my post with trying out those 2 other options under Share, but as I said, those options aren't there. I'm guessing a new Skitch client needs to be pushed out to include those new options.

Thanks for responding.

it doesn't work for me either. not happening at all.

I did it on one of my machines (running 10.6.8) but on the lion 10.7.1 it just won't work

(on another reply: I have wasted a ton of time with this and filed a support ticket. I love Evernote and have been a premium subscriber for 16 months. I trust Evernote and use it and love it.

re: Skitch - It just doesn't work at the moment at all. It really needs a fix, if it is to carry the Evernote brand name

the log in is a mess (in the mac app) - in fact, the app looks amazing - but in many ways a lot of the usability needs redoing. It is just messy and wrong! you really need to rethink Skitch. it could be brilliant (and much of it already is) but the bad bits are really bad and need be redone.)

Please ensure you are running the latest Skitch App available from the Mac Appstore - as it does have those options.

Please also ensure that once you delete your account with the "-" button, you fully quit the application before relaunching.

Please ensure you are running the latest Skitch App available from the Mac Appstore - as it does have those options.

Please also ensure that once you delete your account with the "-" button, you fully quit the application before relaunching.

The version of Skitch that the Mac App Store has is 1.0.7, the same version that I'm running.

Quit Skitch several times. Same results.

Right now I can't use the Skitch that I *paid* for. At this point I'm pretty frustrated and mad that Evernote took a program that I use extensively and *own* and effectively made it inoperable in a race to brand it with the Evernote name. Pretty bad customer service if you ask me.

He's already opened a support case, which I don't see a response to after these instructions were sent. (Lots of other people have sent "Thanks, that worked great!")

I think the issue is there's two "Share" places. It's kind of confusing, and when I was testing this myself to write those instructions, it took me a while before I got it to work.

The First "Share" is within Preferences (where you hit the "minus" button and remove your account.)

Then, after you completely quit Skitch, from File->Quit at the upper left-hand menubar, you relaunch it from the dock and the "Share" button will be in the Right-hand portion of the main Skitch window.

It will then give you a big login screen, where the "Evernote" and "Old Skool" options reside.

Another issue is that after performing these steps, if you click through the other Share thing (under Preferences) to "Personalize" your account on skitch.com, you will still be listed as username "skitch" "unnamed-xsif". However, when you "Share" an image, it will upload to the correct account.

He's already opened a support case, which I don't see a response to after these instructions were sent. (Lots of other people have sent "Thanks, that worked great!")

I think the issue is there's two "Share" places. It's kind of confusing, and when I was testing this myself to write those instructions, it took me a while before I got it to work.

The First "Share" is within Preferences (where you hit the "minus" button and remove your account.)

Then, after you completely quit Skitch, from File->Quit at the upper left-hand menubar, you relaunch it from the dock and the "Share" button will be in the Right-hand portion of the main Skitch window.

It will then give you a big login screen, where the "Evernote" and "Old Skool" options reside.

Another issue is that after performing these steps, if you click through the other Share thing (under Preferences) to "Personalize" your account on skitch.com, you will still be listed as username "skitch" "unnamed-xsif". However, when you "Share" an image, it will upload to the correct account.

Heather, your instructions worked. I was able to log in with my old Skitch account and correctly associate it. When you said "It's kind of confusing", it certainly is. I don't think there's anyway for an end user to know that there's 2 different Share options in 2 completely separate places unless they are 1) the person(s) who wrote Skitch, and/or 2) you, and/or 3) the person(s) who reads your post in this thread.

At least I finally got Skitch working again for me. Thank you for explaining the change in detail.

• 4 weeks later...

I followed the instructions - removed the account from Preferences, closed the app and restarted it, click on Share on the main Skitch window on the lower right corner. I don't get an option for Ol Skool or Evernote - all I do is get is the Welcome to Skitch pop-up. Any other ideas?

Add me to the list... I have an unnamed-uscp account and can't go to my profile or anything online

I don't see the choice for Evernote or Old Skool either when clicking Share at bottom right...

I have filed a Support ticket but heard nothing as of yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I had also problem. For "old" Skitch users it is maybe easier to describe the second step (after deleted account, quite and restart) as "share the present image".

It can either be done by the "Share" at down right or under the "wheel" up left in the Skitch window. The clue seems to be to "force" Skich to share an image - then the "other" log in window comes up.

• 7 months later...

No matter how I initiate the share, or how many time I delete the account, or prefs, or my keychain file, the popup is the same. I can only log in to evernote. There is no old skool option. I'd share a screenshot to prove it, but the tool I use to take and share screenshots won't let me log into it.

Come on guys, this sucks. Still.

• 1 month later...

sam1am had the answer in this post: https://getsatisfaction.com/skitch/topics/cant_get_skitch_to_connect_with_my_account

This is what finally fixed it for me:

1. Go into preferences and delete both accounts.

2. Completely quit skitch and restart it.

3. In the skitch window click the little triangle next to "share" (bottom right) and select skitch

4. Click the share button

5. A little window will pop up asking you to log in to evernote, but down below will be the little message "I'm old skool" - click that and log in with your skitch account.

The trick is step #3.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived