(Archived) Evernote as an ebook library?

I'm thinking about using EN as an e-book library. I have about 1.7GB of e-books as either PDF, CHM, EPUB, MOBI, and DOC*. I'm a premium user, so I'm not concerned about bandwidth (even though it would take a couple of months to migrate everything in).

* My first concern is about speed - will EN be slowed down by a 2GB synchronized notebook?

* My second concern is about maximum file size: I have about 15 books that are between 25-77MB. Will they sync?

* My last concern is about whatever I haven't thought of - what else should I be aware of?

I'm currently using Calibre to manage books and SugarSync to sync the books and database. Has anyone else tried this before?

I use Calibre and backup with SugarSync, can't think of a thing that Evernote offers that would make me want to put e-books in it.

Ditto that.

(I also use Calibre but not SugarSync. But I have a 3G Kindle & the Kindle iPhone app, so I normally don't need to sync ebooks anywhere, either.)

Thanks for the feedback. One of the advantages of using EN would be searching inside PDFs and DOC*. Calibre certainly manages meta info in a way that EN isn't made for, but I'm not too concerned about that -- only the ability to find what I'm looking for. On the other hand, it does feel like I'm using a screwdriver to drive a nail, which is why I put the question here. Thanks again :(

I use Kindle. Would you guys explain why you use Calibre? It looks really cool, definitely nicer than Kindle, but I'm not sure why I'd want to go through the extra effort, when Kindle is so painless and instantly available across every device I have.

Now if I could find something that handled music or movies as eloquently as Calibre handles ebooks, I'd buy it in a second!

I use Calibre to organise my books, Stanza or Blio to read on the iPhone (not that I do a lot of reading on it), but also store a copy in Evernote if it's a book I want to be able to search - those times when I know I read something, but can't remember where.

If there are multiple Kindles in the family, not all of them may have all the ebooks on them. And if you want to see if a book is already in your collection, IMO, Calibre is much faster.

Now if I could find something that handled music or movies as eloquently as Calibre handles ebooks, I'd buy it in a second!

And there are some very good media managers out there, too. I would post names, but since you don't find any of my posts helpful, I won't bother & will leave that up to other forum members. Or you could always Google for them yourself.

If there are multiple Kindles in the family, not all of them may have all the ebooks on them. And if you want to see if a book is already in your collection, IMO, Calibre is much faster.

And there are some very good media managers out there, too. I would post names, but since you don't find any of my posts helpful, I won't bother & will leave that up to other forum members. Or you could always Google for them yourself.

You may have just given new meaning to the word irony, by confirming my opinion in spades. What an unhelpful and utterly worthless and pointless post. Frankly I'm amazed that Evernote allows it to continue, even if it's merely a badge ("Evernote evangelist"), I'd never allow anyone to reflect on my business, or interact with my customers in such a manner.

Archived