(Archived) Double spacing on paste of a note

jrkac4

Idea

When I copy text from Apple Email, and paste into Evernote, it makes the information double spaced. I have to go through and delete the extra lines. I am running Lion 10.7.1 and Evernote client 2.2.3 (158391). Is it something I am doing?

5 replies to this idea

I've had this issue pretty often outside of the Evernote application, within Word, Publisher, etc when transferring content from the web. I bypass the problem by pasting my content into a text editor to strip the formatting. It's an extra step, but it saves you time instead of going through and deleting all of the extra breaks.

If you're looking to get *most* of the content from an email directly into EN, an even faster way is to email your content directly to your EN account.

Each Evernote account comes with a unique email address which can be used to add content via email. If you visit the Settings after logging in on Evernote on the web, you'll see a section caled "Emailing to Evernote". In this section, you'll find an email address that looks like this: [your username].abc123@m.evernote.com. Sending an email to that address will create a new note in Evernote using the email subject as the note title, the email body as the note body and the source email address as the note author.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response, but it was not what I am looking for. I need to organize my notes by the subject line of the email. These emails come in over several days. If I use the the email suggestion, this will not combine the notes.

As for the extra steps, is there a fix that is in the works, or something you are not planning on supporting? Is this just on the MAC version?

Archived