(Archived) Just upgraded, ruined all my notes!

salgud

Idea

Upgraded to the latest version this morning, and the top third of all my notes are no longer accessible. No scrollbar, nothing! I can see the full note in the left panel thumbnail, but not in the main panel. This sucks!

Thanks, Evernote, for ***** me over big time!

Is a fix coming?

14 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

A little more detail might be helpful instead of just complaining...

Upgraded to what? The latest Beta or the latest Prod version?

When you log onto the web, are all your notes OK?

Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling?

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, but you'd freak too if the top part of all your notes were suddenly gone immediately after an update.

The problem has apparently resolved itself, my notes are intact again. I don't know what happened, I haven't even closed and re-opened EN since I noticed the problem and posted.

I did see a clue as to what was going on earlier when I went back into EN after I read your post. One note, the one at the top of the tape (newest note), was still cut off at the top, but the upper part was showing through the normal grayed area where the note name, notebook, and dates, etc., are displayed. IOW, the note itself slid up behind the Note Description panel at the top and became the background for the Task Description panel in place of the usual gray. (Earlier on, the panel was the usual gray, without the top part of the note showing through.) And that was what was hiding the top of each note. Very weird. When I clicked on the newest note, it popped back down below the Task Description panel into it's normal place. None of the others had the problem any more.

Thanks, Evernote, for ***** me over big time!

Sorry, but you'd freak too if the top part of all your notes were suddenly gone immediately after an update.

I think it's generally safe to assume EN does/did not intentionally ***** you over.

The problem has apparently resolved itself, my notes are intact again. I don't know what happened,

Um...ok. Glad you're fixed.

• Level 5*

Glad you are fixed. I'd 'freak' once I'd found out there was definitely a problem and that all my notes were screwed.

Sounds like you had a momentary display issue that is rather different - perhaps you should change the Subject of this post to...."Just upgraded, my display went wonky, but now everything is OK"?

Problem is back again. My notes are shoved up behind the panel that is normally above them, obscuring the top inch or so of each note. This occurs in all three views. It is NOT a display problem, it is a problem with where EN is placing the note in the EN frames. If the note is just a short bit of text, it is completely obscured in the right panel, hidden behind the Task Description panel.

I've been playing with it, and it's disturbing. If the note is just an image, and I place the cursor to the left of the image, then hit the return key, I can push the image down so it is entirely visible. I tried doing the same with text, but it doesn't work. It pushes the first line of text down into the other lines that are visible, if I hit return often enough. So basically, EN has screwed up all my notes because I can't see the top inch or so, which essentially makes them almost useless. I can copy them from EN into something else and get the whole thing, but I certainly don't want to have to copy 840 notes into something else. That's what I've used EN for for many years.

Obvious question: How do I revert to previous version of EN?

• Level 5*

Your notes aren't screwed up - as I guessed earlier, Evernote is just having an issue displaying them.

I'd suggest you open a support case - I"m pretty sure that they will tell you to backup any local notebooks you have and then delete the app and all data. Then you do a clean install, allow your data to sync down from the service and then import any local notebooks.

I know it seems scary to think that your data is screwed, but it really isn't and I'm sure support will be able to sort you out.

• Level 5

Go to Evernote.com and sign in with your username and password.

Then go to the HELP page.

At the bottom of that page is the form for filing a support ticket.

Good luck.

Wern

Hmmm...if I click "support" at the bottom of any EN website page, I am taken to the page you linked to. How odd is that??? :)

Are you suggesting I go file a bug about this?

Archived