(Archived) Poor User Support

Being that I'm not getting any response from support I'll try here. I'm a premium user. I had been working with Support concerning ticket 268328. I responded on 7/31 that the latest idea from support did not resolve my issue. I received a notification on 8/1 that my ticket had been closed?!

I then opened ticket 16051-3400 with the following:

Details:I've been battling an issue well documented in case 268328. Yesterday I updated the ticket that the issue was not resolved and I needed further help. This morning I received an email that the case has been closed.

As of 8/5 the only response I received was the automated notification of the ticket being opened. I then opened 16051-4441 with the same content from 16051-3400 and within an hour received:

We want to let you know that we are looking into this issue, someone will contact you back as soon as possible.

On 8/12 I received a notice that being that I hadn't been heard from the ticket was being closed?! I promptly responded that there had never been anything to respond to.

I've verified no emails from Evernote are in my Spam folder and obviously I've received emails. This is ridiculous.

• Level 5*

I know they had an issue with tickets being auto-closed after a period of inactivity.

Geoff is an Evernote employee who is responsible for these boards - I'm sure he will see your post and be able to help out.

I have a number of notes that contain pdfs that are mixed up, meaning that while the title and tags are correct, the body isn't. The body will either be text from another note or will show "Unnamed file attachement 0 bytes". I've exported all notes and re-imported. I've exported all notes, uninstalled, reinstalled and then imported. If I export as HTML the attachment is correct.

I have a number of notes that contain pdfs that are mixed up, meaning that while the title and tags are correct, the body isn't. The body will either be text from another note or will show "Unnamed file attachement 0 bytes". I've exported all notes and re-imported. I've exported all notes, uninstalled, reinstalled and then imported. If I export as HTML the attachment is correct.

If you double click the PDFs to open them in the PDF viewer, are they right? Also, as metrodon asked, if they look right on the web & if opening the PDF attachment in a PDF viewer yields correct results & since the exported html looks right, then it sound like a display problem on your desktop with the EN client.

What client are you using? Do they look right on the web?

I'm using the latest Mac client. The notes in question are in a non-synced notebook as they contain personal docs such as birth certs, pay stubs, etc.

If you double click the PDFs to open them in the PDF viewer, are they right? Also, as metrodon asked, if they look right on the web & if opening the PDF attachment in a PDF viewer yields correct results & since the exported html looks right, then it sound like a display problem on your desktop with the EN client.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the PDF viewer". They're incorrect within Evernote but correct when exported as HTML. As a test I moved one from non-synced notebook to a synced notebook but there was no change - thumbnail showed the correct PDF but the note itself is text from another note with no PDF to view.

One solution might be to shut down EN completely, then browse to the folder where the database is stored. I'm not sure what the Mac equivalent looks like, but in Windows you would delete the files with .snippets and .thumbnails extensions. When you restart, EN will regenerate all snippets and thumbnails. Alternatively, start in debug mode (see elsewhere in the forum for how to do this) since I think this process can also be initiated from there.

I see what happened -

You appear to have gotten caught up in our switch to the new system.

The ticket number you referenced - " 268328", is from our old system, which we don't have access to anymore, so we actually have two tickets on file for you that don't have any actual description of your issue.

If you're having issues syncing, you'll need to save all your local and unsynced data (export to .enex) then move your database folder so that you can rebuild a new copy from the server. Once that's complete, you can re-import the backed-up local and unsynced notes.

The same process for the iOS applications - if you're having issues syncing there, any notes that are not currently visible on Evernote Web (which means they haven't synced from your Phone) need to be preserved, then you need to uninstall and reinstall. You can copy/paste text notes, image notes need to be screen captured. If they're on the Web, or you don't care about them, you don't need to go through that.

Thanks for responding. As noted in this thread "I have a number of notes that contain pdfs that are mixed up, meaning that while the title and tags are correct, the body isn't. The body will either be text from another note or will show "Unnamed file attachement 0 bytes". I've exported all notes and re-imported. I've exported all notes, uninstalled, reinstalled and then imported. If I export as HTML the attachment is correct."

Uninstall/Reinstall doesn't do it. You need to completely trash your local database.

However, if you've done that, and it didn't work, in those cases, we recommend doing a *complete* wipe (after preserving your unsynced content) with a program called AppTrap on Mac, or Revo on Windows. This will get rid of any leftover cashe files that could be causing file funkiness.

Doing a complete uninstall, wipe and reinstall didn't fix the issue. As well, I just came across a note that is incorrect both locally AND in the web interface.

I'd like to send a print screen of the issue but not to the forum given the content of the note. I would open a ticket but have opened 3 to no avail.

Hi, I have a problem when entering my credit card information when I signing up for premium account.

The problem is shown in the screenshot in the attachment. Eventually I didn't see any confirmation message from Evernote that my transaction is successful.

However, when I check my bank account, the total balance dropped 45$ due to the Evernote transaction. But my status of Evernote is still free account.

I submit this issue as ticket #16051-9998(submitted today)

I already submitted a similar problem before but I didn't get reply in 3 days.

Ticket 16051-8483(submitted on 21 Aug )

Whenever you attempt to purchase Evernote, we perform a pre-authorization for the amount of purchase to ensure that funds are available. This is not a charge unless you receive a confirmation email.

This pre-auth will disappear from your records usually within 72 hours, longer if you're international. (It's in our billing FAQ). Your address must match what's on your billing statement exactly.

We're slogging through the backlog of Free User requests right now, as Premium users always get answered first, and within 24 hours.

Doing a complete uninstall, wipe and reinstall didn't fix the issue. As well, I just came across a note that is incorrect both locally AND in the web interface.

I'd like to send a print screen of the issue but not to the forum given the content of the note. I would open a ticket but have opened 3 to no avail.

Bump.

Once you have done a full database wipe (with apptrap or revo), you should download the server's copy (what is appearing on the web). So, if you're not seeing the same content inside of a note on your local client and in the web after the rebuild, well... that's extremely unlikely, unless you have two accounts.

We'd suggest doing a complete wipe again - and letting the database rebuild fully complete before reimporting any of your exported notes, so that you can have a full match of the web/local, before moving onward.

Then, remember when importing notes, to set them to "synchronized", and wait for them to upload to the server before doing anything else.

If the note "counts" are off, that's an entirely different problem.

Once you have done a full database wipe (with apptrap or revo), you should download the server's copy (what is appearing on the web).

Done. Twice.

So, if you're not seeing the same content inside of a note on your local client and in the web after the rebuild, well... that's extremely unlikely, unless you have two accounts.

Well, I've done a complete uninstall, wipe, reinstall and I see the issue both on the web and my local client. I'm only using 1 account.

I think we're not understanding the issue, then.

Are you saying that, if you open a single note, on the Web, and look at the content of it, the text and/or images inside do not match the text and images inside of the same note after a clean rebuild of your database from our server?

We would need to see your logs, and screenshots of your Web account and your desktop account, and we would also need to have one of our Level 2 technicians access your account on our server (with your permission, but unfortunately, we cannot progress in troubleshooting that particular issue without server access to your account), in addition to having you export that note from your desktop, so we can see the difference between the two.

If it is something else, we need to figure out what you're attempting to describe, as I still don't fully understand your issue.

Archived