(Archived) Recorded audio did not sync. Is it gone?

jbshanker

Using EN for Android. This evening recorded three audio clips in one note. Later went looking for them on Windows platform but didn't see them. Then realized I might not have pressed SAVE, so went back into the Android app but the note is no longer on screen.

I'd heartily endorse the feature request I've seen elsewhere that notes could autosave, but in the meantime are these three audio clips saved anywhere else on my device? What happens to a note in progress that's not saved? Does it time out at some point? Is there a pending note squirreled away that I can pull back up and save?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

--Jason

All recordings/pictures are saved in a "temp" folder inside Evernote folder in your sdcard.

You can retrieve the unsaved files from there. But the temp files are not stored for long and deleted as soon as phone needs more space.

"Auto save" feature is under consideration.

Thanks,

Hemant

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for my slow reply here, but I wanted to write back and say THANK YOU! Found the files in there, copied them to my computer, put them into Evernote and they all worked perfectly. Absolute lifesaver, and also makes me much more comfortable using this feature going forward. Well done as always, Evernote! And thanks, Hemant!

"Auto save" feature is under consideration.

Hi,

I'm not sure if (or where) you track customer feedback on feature ideas, but I am very interested in auto save on mobile devices. I'm especially interested in Android tablet version and Blackberry. :D

Thanks,

Amy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived