(Archived) A couple of suggestions

Haisook

I've recently started using Evernote on my Windows/Android combo, but there are a couple of features that I'd like to see that would make Evernote on Android almost perfect:

1. Syncing full photos and PDFs, not only their thumbnails, so that I can access them offline.

2. Searching while offline.

3. Ability to add ink notes in the android version.

Thanks

thanks for the suggestion.

2 and 3 have already been requested.

I'm not sure to understand 1. If the note is stored offline (in an offline notebook or cached) you should be able to access the attachments.

I'm sorry for not explaining point no. 1 that well.

I mean that, according to what I've noticed, when images or PDF files are synced for the first time, I need to be online to access the image or the PDF (only for the first time I attempt to access them), after which I guess the files are saved on the device, and can be viewed while offline. What I'd like to see is that they're saved to device during the syncing process, so that by the time syncing is completed, I wouldn't need any internet connection to view my synced notes and files, and I'd be rest assured all my files are with me from that point onwards.

Old PalmOne devices (running Palm OS) and associated Palm Desktop offered such complete syncing.

Thank you.

Offline access to notes and their attachments is already a feature on the Android client, but you have to be a premium member to enjoy the feature! I had the same issue until I realized it.

Read here about the features of a premium account. Specifically, scroll down to the table to the row that says "Offline notebooks (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)"

I've been a premium member for a while now, and I'm telling you, for the amount of work that Evernote does to listen to our input and to keep improving at the pace that they're going, it's definitely worth the $5 a month, or $45 a year to support these guys!

(not trying to advertise - just giving you my opinion.)

-Mike

Offline access to notes and their attachments is already a feature on the Android client, but you have to be a premium member to enjoy the feature! I had the same issue until I realized it.

Read here about the features of a premium account. Specifically, scroll down to the table to the row that says "Offline notebooks (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)"

I've been a premium member for a while now, and I'm telling you, for the amount of work that Evernote does to listen to our input and to keep improving at the pace that they're going, it's definitely worth the $5 a month, or $45 a year to support these guys!

(not trying to advertise - just giving you my opinion.)

-Mike

Thanks a lot Mike for pointing that out for me. I bought a month worth of subscription today and my problem is solved. However, I'd set all my notebooks to be Offline notebooks in the android application. I wonder if I have to do this for every notebook I will have in the future or else the notes won't be saved in the device.

However, I'd set all my notebooks to be Offline notebooks in the android application. I wonder if I have to do this for every notebook I will have in the future or else the notes won't be saved in the device.

Yeah, that's pretty much the case for me. Most of my notebooks are set for offline access on the Android client.

However, I keep some notebooks out of the offline pile for PRN, or as needed, access. This is usually reserved for really heavy notes that I rarely need when I'm offline. Therefore, I appreciate Evernote leaving me the choice of which notebooks I want to access offline. Always good to have options, eh?

Glad to be of service.

-Mike

Archived