(Archived) Suggestion: new view mode

I would like to have the view mode (list) but in 3 columns instead of vertically.

The view modes are very limited. Like fragments would be perfect, but without the fragments. I just want to see the titles.

It's hard to adapt for someone that came from MS OneNote.

I also miss being able to type anywhere in the paper, not only in lines, like Word. I would like to type freely in any part of the note.

I also miss being able to put little marks on the text, like an email icon, or phone icon. That helps a lot to keep organized. And in Evernote the best I can do is use bold, italic, etc.

If there are already solutions to those problems, please advise.

There's a reason Onenote doesn't live on all the platforms Evernote does. I'm guessing it's due in part to the inability/complexity of implementing the items you mentioned on all platforms. If those are deal breakers for you, then EN may not be the right tool for you.

The reason is because Microsft is slow. There is already OneNote Mobile for iPhone and soon they will make for Android.

That is not the point. I prefer Evernote. I think being able to type anywhere in the page, like OneNote might be a problem to view in any platform, but see the list of notes, just title without fragments is not a problem. That could be implemented no? I've seeing in the forum other users asking for the same feature.

• Level 5*

Evernote seem very definite about the view options that they want to offer - can't see them adding any more options.

Being able to type anywhere in a note is a very very very long way away in my opinion.

Archived