(Archived) Formatting tables?

mogf01

Anyone knows if it is possible to format tables after they are created?

I mainly would like to be able to add/remove cell borders. For example after copying stuff from Excel/OpenOffice into Evernote.

I'm also curious if there is no way to add/remove columns to/from tables??? I feel stupid but cannot find it. Without this possibility, tables are kind of, well...., not so useful?

• Level 5
I mainly would like to be able to add/remove cell borders. For example after copying stuff from Excel/OpenOffice into Evernote.

No, we don't currently support adding/removing cell borders, but thanks for the suggestion.

I'm also curious if there is no way to add/remove columns to/from tables??? I feel stupid but cannot find it. Without this possibility, tables are kind of, well...., not so useful?

Right click on any table cell (you may need to click on white space, not a word in the cell) and a context menu will present itself with options to add or remove rows and columns.

Thanks a lot for the answers. I can of course live with not being able to set borders on tables, it is more important to know that it isn't available so I can stop spending time looking for it.

Regarding adding/removing rows, I didn't try right-clicking on white space (the menu doesn't show up when right-clicking in text, like you indicate). Thanks for the info!

Is there any explanation anywhere of how tables are created when pasting?

I have a table with a cell representing each month and "rows" within each cell for dates, event names, urls. When I imported this table from OneNote it got imported pretty faithfully, which is great. However, when I edit the contents and move them around the table rows seem to get pasted in a seemingly random format with the width of the cells changing.

I'd be happy to restrict rich table editing to Windows only, provided they display in some useful form across the other platforms I use(Web, WP7, Android) but so far this one yearly event calendar editing is my most frustrating task with what is otherwise a brilliant product!

For now I'm just trying to find a consistent way to update it.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Is it possible to change the width of a column once it is created?

Not explicitly, no. I think they will change according to the text that's put in them, but you have no external control over column widths that I know of, at least in the Windows client.

Archived