(Archived) Capturing web pages

cottinghamm

I want to be able to use Evernote on my EeePad to capture web pages, just like on a PC.

All that happens now if I share a web page is that I get a note with a URL in it, that isn't really much use as the page often has detail on it that can't be recreated on a URL, such as payment details or account info.

IS this something that is possible or likely to happen ?

AFAIK, there is no EN screen cap option on mobile devices like there is on the desktops. What I do on my iPhone4 is either use the iPhone screen cap & email that to EN or else use an app (Send2PDF) that allows me to print the full page to PDF which I then email to EN. I don't know if there are similar functions for Android, but I'd guess there would be.

I've also done simple copy/paste functions to pull the web page's information into my Evernote account. Sometimes the web pages that I copied stay on my smart card so it takes up a bit of space to do it this way. It works pretty well for me and is a bit simpler. That said, I'm working off an Android instead of an iPhone, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I use the web clipper bookmarklet. I put it in my Chrome bookmarks and synch them to my Android browser. open the bookmarks while the page to be clipped is in there mobile browser and select the clipper bookmark.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Archived