(Archived) switching notebooks jumps to the bottom of left navigation

daveway78

Evernote Windows client - build 4.4.0.4418

Sometimes when I change notebooks, the left hand navigation jumps all the way to the bottom.

I have several hundred tags, about a hundred notebooks, and quite a few saved searches.

So I'm at the top of the left hand navigation, I click on a particular notebook, causing the right side to refresh and populate w notes in this notebook, and the left hand side where I clicked on the notebooks refreshes/jumps to the bottom of the list.

I then have to scroll all the way back up to change notebooks.

It's getting to be really frustrating the more tags, searches, and notebooks I add.

Any ideas?

thanks

I then have to scroll all the way back up to change notebooks

Any ideas?

Press the "home" key, which takes you to the top of the active pane. (You may need to click on the left pane to confirm it's the active pane.)

Right.

So...how about how to fix it. Clicking in the left pane and then having to hit the HOME key is about the same as scrolling.

What I'd like is a fix - why does it jump down to the bottom in the first place? Seems like a bug to me.

Am I the only one having this problem?

• Level 5

Sometimes when I change notebooks, the left hand navigation jumps all the way to the bottom.

...jumps all the way to the bottom - all the way down to the trash?

Am I the only one having this problem?

I've never seen this problem and cannot duplicate it.

So...how about how to fix it.

First, I don't work for EN.

Second, without knowing the exact scenario, I can't say that the app is functioning incorrectly. I'm simply offering you an option that would/should/could be helpful.

Clicking in the left pane and then having to hit the HOME key is about the same as scrolling.

Since clicking left pane & hitting home is two keystrokes & about 15 seconds, if that's the same as scrolling to you, then I'd say you really don't have that many notebooks/tags/saved searches that you have to scroll up through.

• 1 year later...

Archived