(Archived) Basic Question about Monthly Limit

myozwiak

Idea

Hi,

This is probably a very basic question and if it's already been answered, I apologize. I'm just wondering about the monthly limit in the program. I don't necessarily need all my files posted to the cloud. If I reach my monthly limit, is that it? I can't create any more notes? Is it possible to just have a note in the program, without the uploading portion? I'm trying to import a fair number of PDFs, but now I'm unsure that it's worth it. (I also just have the basic free edition, not the premium.)

Thanks for your help,

Maddy

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Create an un-sync'd notebook and you can post all your excess stuff there and not worry about the cap.

Un-sync'd notebooks will not be visible on the web or mobile units, but it will be viewable on your local client.

If you put your PDFs in a local (non-sync'd) notebook, they do not go against your upload limit & are not available from any other client/device/computer. However, they will not be indexed, either. Note limits still apply though. IIRC, 25 mb for free accounts.

• Level 5
Create an un-sync'd notebook and you can post all your excess stuff there and not worry about the cap.

Un-sync'd notebooks will not be visible on the web or mobile units, but it will be viewable on your local client.

This is an effective way to manage large numbers of scans when starting up with Evernote. Put the excess into the non-sync'd notebook. A couple days before you reach the end of the Evernote month, move as many notes as possible into a sync'd notebook (to maximize your uploads). Repeat the following month.

Archived