(Archived) HELP: Update won't go away with App Store

technologyrocks

Idea

I installed Evernote via the Mac App Store on my newest macbook. For quite a while now, it's been constantly saying there's an update for 2.2.0. I've clicked install a dozen times, and it says it's complete - the App Store shows 'Installed,' Evernote shows it's at version 2.2.0 - but then a few hours later the litte red 1 shows up on the app store icon, and when I look it's for that Evernote update I just installed.

I'm sure this is more of an App Store issue than an Evernote issue - but just looking for anyone who's had this issue - and specifically what they might have done to resolve it?

Thanks!

M@

16 replies to this idea

I solved this today on my mac. I was still having the issue with 3.0.6. I used appzapper to remove evernote. I then searched with spotlight to find the cache on my mac where the evernote files lived - search for evernote. I deleted the cache as well as an evernote file in the printer directory. Next I downloaded 3.0.6 again from the app store. I logged into my evernote account and it brought down all my files. All is well!! I no longer get asked to upgrade.

You must of course make sure all your stuff is up in the cloud before doing this.

I'd stick with the customer support route, I don't think I'm able to help via the forums. I'm partially hoping that it'll just go away once you get to 3.0.6, but perhaps that's false hope

it is not fixed! the update icon still always appear in my app store

and my situation is i have 2 apple id:

one is for my home useage (say home@123.com) and one is for my personal use (say peter@123.com).

i installed evernote in my mac mini which connected to my LCD in dinning room, and the evernote was installed with peter@123.com, i want to make it into my home@123.com account.

i tried to delete the app by dropping the app into trash and empty. but it does not allow me to re-download with another apple id. app store require me to login peter@123.com before i can redownload evernote. and even if i give up giving home@123.com to download the app, the update sign keep appearing.

this will not happen on other apps.

Have those of you that still have the issue opened a support case?

it is not fixed! the update icon still always appear in my app store

and my situation is i have 2 apple id:

one is for my home useage (say home@123.com) and one is for my personal use (say peter@123.com).

i installed evernote in my mac mini which connected to my LCD in dinning room, and the evernote was installed with peter@123.com, i want to make it into my home@123.com account.

i tried to delete the app by dropping the app into trash and empty. but it does not allow me to re-download with another apple id. app store require me to login peter@123.com before i can redownload evernote. and even if i give up giving home@123.com to download the app, the update sign keep appearing.

this will not happen on other apps.

How about installing from evernote.com instead of the app store?

I've done that... but it doesn't help. I removed Evernote with App Cleaner, rebooted, installed directly via the .dmg download from Evernote, and yet the update continues to appear in the App Store. I then tried to continue the process as Neil had suggested (removing the new downloaded one, rebooting, then installing again from the appstore) in hopes *that* was what would reset it - but no go there either. Then I tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling from either the download or the app store a couple of times... but all with no luck.

Hey

I have the same issue. And I did the suggestion mentioned above and wont help. Still prompting update 2.3.0

Thanks again Neil for your tip - but I've also had time to try this now... several times in fact, using various sequences of uninstalling/installing, etc. And yet it won't go away... Does anyone have any other ideas??

Thanks!

Just to update you that evernote support have sorted be out.

I quit evernote from the elephant icon then deleted it by using appcleaner (http://freemacsoft.net/#) then reboot the machine

I then reinstalled it from http://www.evernote.com/about/download/ ... vernoteMac

finally i uninstalled it again rebooted then reinstalled form the appstore ( i wanted the ease of updates) and it all works fine

Good luck!

I have exactly the same issue, i update ( have done at least 20 times0 but the update notification still comes up as soon as i open the appstore. I have even uninstalled evernote but it still appears in the updates section.

very frustrating!

Archived