(Archived) Problem w syncing creation dates, or How do I backdate notes

Hi folks

I've come across a problem that really bothers me:

I started to create notes with meeting agendas, minutes etc, for future reference. Since they are all in the past I wanted to backdate the creation date.

I did this in the following way:

I sent minutes by email to my evernote address. On my EN for Mac I then put the creation date back.

Unfortunately the creation date stayed the same on my iPad and the web interface. I had like 50 notes all on the same day. After some research I found the following:

When I create notes by sending emails to my EN email address any changes of the creation date on my Mac do not get synced back to the EN server. It just remains on the date the email arrived on the EN server.

However when I create a note locally on my Mac, change the creation date on my Mac and sync/upload the note into the Web, then it works.

So my question is:

Is this a bug?

How can I change the creation date on the Web interface in order to get older minutes/notes backdated properly?

Cheers

Wolf

Is this a bug?

Sounds like it. Unfortunately I don't use a Mac so I can't really say much more.

Hmmm. Will test this on Windows client to see if the problem persists across clients.

How can I change the creation date on the Web interface in order to get older minutes/notes backdated properly?

AFAIK you can not edit the creation date using the Web Client.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Would you have any other idea how to backdate notes, when I can't edit the creation date? I would assume this would not be an uncommon idea to store older documents into EN and date them accordingly.

Cheers

Wolf

• Level 5*

It's a workaround rather than a solution - but I use dates in the titles of my notes, so if I want to 'backdate' a note then I use the one I want in the title. I use a simple format - 20110713 Note Title for example.

Tested via Evernote Windows client. Works fine. Edits to Created of emailed note on Windows synced to server.

Noticed that the Web Client note display has to be refreshed by new Search to see the change.

Could not test on Mac.

• 5 months later...

Archived