(Archived) Individual Education / Student Discount Accounts?

Hello,

I noticed there is a 50% sponsored account discount for educational institutions; actually it states that the discount is available for students, among others. However, I cannot find where to sign up as an individual student. I have indeed signed up for a free account using my qualifying institutional email address.

Evernote seems like a great solution for taking notes and creating files for class assignments or projects, so if there is a way to let the individual student sign up for the education discount that would be great!

Thank you,

Robert Reese~

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5

I gave you an answer to your previous post (below), which is the same as this one. Please don't double-post and read the answers to your posts.

Here is my answer again:

Well, EN is free. All your students can sign up individually and pay nothing.

If you want to go for a premium account (which your students probably don't need in the beginning), you can read the details here:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21655

Wern,

First, thank you for the information; I had hoped that the policy had changed for the upcoming school year. Obviously not. Too bad, as that's an asinine way to do things especially when college students are prime customers who would in the not-to-distant future carry Evernote usage with them into the corporate world.

Second, I did NOT double post; this a bug in the forum. It appears you and I were replying simultaneously and the software didn't know what to do with it... the result is a double post from the software. Look at the time stamps for my 'ping' and your initial reply to my post. NOW look at the time stamp on both posts from me - identical.

Please don't be too hasty in jumping to conclusions and making accusations based on them. In the software world, stuff happens.

Cheers and thanks,

Robert Reese~

Second, I did NOT double post; this a bug in the forum. It appears you and I were replying simultaneously and the software didn't know what to do with it... the result is a double post from the software. Look at the time stamps for my 'ping' and your initial reply to my post. NOW look at the time stamp on both posts from me - identical.

Please don't be too hasty in jumping to conclusions and making accusations based on them. In the software world, stuff happens.

You did indeed double post.

This thread dated July 11.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=27674&p=116895#p116895

And the other thread dated August 3. This is also the thread where Wern initially posted his reply to you on August 4.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28389

If you look at your user stats, you currently have FOUR postings. The three in this thread & the fourth one is the other thread you started on the same topic.

BurgersNFries

Are there two posts? Yes. Did I do that? No, the SOFTWARE double-posted. Look at the time/date stamp on both original posts. They are identical. Look at the times the replies to the original post were made. Replies to the post were being made simultaneously. You've also leaped before looking; although you at least looked closer. :)

Look at the time/date stamp on both original posts. They are identical. Look at the times the replies to the original post were made. Replies to the post were being made simultaneously.

Dude. Seriously. You need to heed your own advice b/c you obviously did not look at the posts I linked to and specifically pointed out the posting dates. The software did not double post. So...once more...

If you click this link, you get this:

_screen1.jpg[/attachment]

Now maybe July 11 and August 3 fit your & Bill Clinton's defintion of "identical." But I think everyone else would disagree. :)

• 1 year later...

Starting my MBA, and decided to move from onenote to evernote. My query lead me to this post, even if a little outdated. Why is Bill Clinton mentioned in a reply to a direct and honest question?

It's pretty clear, if you read the thread. I suggest we let this thread die, unless you have something on topic to add.

Archived