(Archived) Evernote for Android v. 3.1 Beta 5

Xavier_

Hi all,

We have published a new update for Android phone and tablet (version 3.1 Beta 5 - rev. 157063).

Main features and changes in this release are

• New progress spinner displayed on the top right corner when loading a large note.

• Addition of bread crumbs to see your position when navigating in the tag tree. Navigation with the bread crumbs is enabled on tablet. screenshot here.

• Bug fixes.

Give it a try. Here is the link to download:

http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

Have a great day.

Love the program, seems to work very well on my Xoom. The new menu for creatiing new notes is very helpful. The layout works very well on my tablet. I like having the logbook list down the left aide wiith note previews in the remaining screen. Tow suggestions:

[list=]I would like to be able to display tags within a specific notebook

I don't like the wasted space of the large block with the date or letter, etcetera. I would rather just have the notes. They can still be in date order or alphabetical order without putting the blocks as seperators. At least make it optional.

Assize from that it works great, thanks and keep up the good work.

Robert

This version looks faster :(

Some suggestions:

* Please, include the option to strikeout words in editing mode.

As we had in early versions, I'd like to:

* Choose list view when making a search

* Create a shortcut from searches

* The search criteria I'm using should appears in the search field after make a search

Using Asus Transformer with dock and 3.1:

Editing window crashes when selecting text and applying formatting (bold, underscore etc.). Selecting formatting and then typing works.

Occured a few times with earlier beta version. Crashes at all times with this version.

Removing formatting by selecting text and then un-checking formatting works - however trailing space character must be selected for change to apply.

*edited for typos*

Hi Folks

I must be missing something here but where is this new little menu you are supposed to get when creating a new note. Also what are the breadcrumbs in the tags.....

Thanks. CC

Yeah, I'm not seeing the breadcrumbs either?

Editing window crashes when selecting text and applying formatting (bold, underscore etc.). Selecting formatting and then typing works.

Occured a few times with earlier beta version. Crashes at all times with this version.

Removing formatting by selecting text and then un-checking formatting works - however trailing space character must be selected for change to apply.

*edited for typos*

Hi Cowie,

Pls send us the crash logs - android-preview@evernote.com

Reproduce the crash - Go to Evernote settings -> send logs

Thanks,

Hemant

Hi Folks

I must be missing something here but where is this new little menu you are supposed to get when creating a new note. Also what are the breadcrumbs in the tags.....

Thanks. CC

Please let me clarify.

The progress spinner is not a menu but a spinning icon which indicates that something is loading. it appears when loading a note.

example here

The breadcrumbs are displayed when you are navigating a tag arborescence (tags inside tags inside tags ...). It indicates your position in the arborescence.

example here. test 2 notes > 1 tag: test2,

An on-topic question...

I've owned an Android phone for only the past couple of weeks. Since the Android preview isn't an official, approved app., my phone rejects it. Do I have to use one of the sideload apps and sneak it in?

Thanks.

*edited for typos*

This happened to me last night after I'd entered about a full page of story notes, but before I'd saved. A huge grrrr...

I'll create a log and send it the next time it happens.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

An on-topic question...

I've owned an Android phone for only the past couple of weeks. Since the Android preview isn't an official, approved app., my phone rejects it. Do I have to use one of the sideload apps and sneak it in?

Thanks.

In Settings, under Application Settings, there's an option labelled "Unknown Sources - Allow install of non-Market applications"

Try checking that if you already haven't and seeing if you can install it then.

In Settings, under Application Settings, there's an option labelled "Unknown Sources - Allow install of non-Market applications"

Try checking that if you already haven't and seeing if you can install it then.

Thanks. No such option in my AT&T Atrix. Apparently I have to root it, first. I used the SideloadWonderMachine instead and that took care of it.

~Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk

Archived