(Archived) Create multi-item ToDo list

Is there any way to quickly convert a list of items into a to do list? Going through and manually adding checkboxes on each line is a bit excruciating for a larger list.

What I think should be the case: Select a bunch of lines, select "Insert Checkboxes" and presto--each item has a checkbox. At present, it deletes all the text an inserts a checkbox all by itself. Which is really quite silly/useless.

There isn't currently a way to insert a To Do checkbox at the beginning of every line, but thanks for the suggestion.

You're already mentioned that templates will be restored in some way or another. Since this is how 2.2 handled them, is this how they'll be handled again?

There isn't currently a way to insert a To Do checkbox at the beginning of every line, but thanks for the suggestion.

Is there perhaps some sort of markup in an imported file that would translate automatically to checkboxes? As I could easily in a text editor insert a string at the beginning of every line (re: ^ with []) or something. But from the brevity of that reply, I presume the *only* way to insert a checkbox is via the desktop client one at a time?

I'd really, really love to see either some sort of source editor for power users or, at the very least, a means of transforming text files into marked up files in a manner similar to wiki.

You're already mentioned that templates will be restored in some way or another. Since this is how 2.2 handled them, is this how they'll be handled again?

That doesn't quite sound like what allen is looking for here.

Is there perhaps some sort of markup in an imported file that would translate automatically to checkboxes? As I could easily in a text editor insert a string at the beginning of every line (re: ^ with []) or something. But from the brevity of that reply, I presume the *only* way to insert a checkbox is via the desktop client one at a time?

The only way to add a ToDo checkbox to a note currently is with the UI control, yes. We'll think about some other options.

I'd really, really love to see either some sort of source editor for power users or, at the very least, a means of transforming text files into marked up files in a manner similar to wiki.

Our internal source representation wouldn't be safe to edit, since it is very strict on the format ... all tags need to be closed, etc. But we'll think about more options for local client UIs.

Thanks

But I can assure you that you have at least one user who is very accustomed to "very strict" xml and would be more than happy to close his tags :D (I know this is a dead end discussion, but I'm sure you can understand how difficult it is for a source code editor to get used to being limited by a very sparse wysiwyg implementation)

Archived