(Archived) Evernote 3.1 Beta 3

Hi folks -

We've published another beta of Evernote for Android phone and tablet (version 3.1 Beta 3 - rev. 154822). This version is packed full of performance improvements, bug fixes and UI tweaks that should make the user experience a whole lot better.

You'll notice that on both the tablet and phone the scrolling performance of notes with thumbnails is vastly improved.

Sync performance is also faster.

We keep making the note editor better fixing several bugs.

We've also added a little more polish to the UI on a bunch of screens including the login and registration screens.

Check for updates or download now at:

http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

Dear Evernote.

Thank you so much for the hard work you've made to keep making Evernote better and better!

The bugs that were critical to me were finally fixed, so I can, at last, use the newest beta version. However, there are still a few bugs to be fixed. Here are the ones that I've found:

• [*:32h0f811]When I change the tag(s) of a note in a list, Evernote goes to the top of the list every time. This throws me off, as I try to go down the list and "flag" items with a tag.
    [*:32h0f811]Changing the notebook of a note more than once in a single edit session negates the change for the note's notebook altogether. (Please let me know if you need me to elaborate.)
    [*:32h0f811]After editing a note with a link to another note, the link changes color (from green to blue). The link is still functional after that, but this is still strange behavior.
    [*:32h0f811]Whenever I change a notebook of a note, and the notebook ends up on top of the list grouped by notebooks, then the top notebook headline displays the wrong notebook name (the name of the old top notebook, to be specific). I have already reported this bug, but I'm mentioning it again just in case, to indicate that the bug hasn't been fixed yet.
    [*:32h0f811]Zooming in and text-wrapping are behaving erratically. When I pinch-zoom, EN sometimes does the word-wrap, and sometimes it doesn't. When I use the zoom buttons, EN always does the word-wrap.

Keep up the great work, Evernote!

Mike

Dear Evernote!

Thank you for yet another great update! It's really great how well EN for Android is improving.

I would have just one feature request for the next update. Please, please, reintroduce

full screen note view. Right now actual note uses just cca 2/3 of screen real estate.

Thank you!

~ Ales

Agree 100% with the above post.

Evernote Android is close to perfect for me EXCEPT one huge caveat: we need to be able to indent/tab bullet points and numbers in the edit screen. I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that this would be relatively trivial to implemement seeing as how many other rich text features have made it into the Android app, but it really precludes me from using Evernote (and as such my android tablet- an asus transformer, which has a keyboard) productively as my entire note taking system is based around a structure of indented bullets.

This one change would allow me to fully migrate from OneNote to Evernote. Is there any chance of seeing it in the Android app, preferably before term starts again in October?!

Evernote Android is close to perfect for me EXCEPT one huge caveat: we need to be able to indent/tab bullet points and numbers in the edit screen. I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that this would be relatively trivial to implemement seeing as how many other rich text features have made it into the Android app, but it really precludes me from using Evernote (and as such my android tablet- an asus transformer, which has a keyboard) productively as my entire note taking system is based around a structure of indented bullets.

This one change would allow me to fully migrate from OneNote to Evernote. Is there any chance of seeing it in the Android app, preferably before term starts again in October?!

I'll second this. A much-needed feature.

Great work!

I found an irritating bug though: The save button in the new note screen doesn't graphicly seem to respond to touches. It saves and all but there should really be some kind of graphical feedback on the button.

The bugs that were critical to me were finally fixed, so I can, at last, use the newest beta version. However, there are still a few bugs to be fixed. Here are the ones that I've found:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback.

When I change the tag(s) of a note in a list, Evernote goes to the top of the list every time. This throws me off, as I try to go down the list and "flag" items with a tag.

Hemant - This is WAD (working as designed). If the notes are sorted by date updated then the moment you add a tag to a note its date updated gets changed and it gets to the top of the list. You must try the use case with a different sort option like date created.

Zooming in and text-wrapping are behaving erratically. When I pinch-zoom, EN sometimes does the word-wrap, and sometimes it doesn't. When I use the zoom buttons, EN always does the word-wrap.

Hemant - Pinching, zoom buttons & word wrapping are handled by Android platform itself. We will investigate to see if we can do something to avoid the problem.

Hi BVM,

Thanks for the feedback.

We will continuously improve and add new features in rich text composition.

Thanks,

Hemant

Hemant - This is WAD (working as designed). If the notes are sorted by date updated then the moment you add a tag to a note its date updated gets changed and it gets to the top of the list. You must try the use case with a different sort option like date created.

Hemant, I think that I've been misunderstood.

I always use a list view sorted/grouped by notebooks, and whenever I "flag" a note with a tag, EN always brings me to the top of the list, even if I was almost at the bottom of the list.

So, if I'm scrolling down the list, adding tags to my notes, I'm constantly getting thrown off to the top of the list, having to look for the place I've left off.

If this is working as designed, then the design is very frustrating! Please see if you can do something, as this wasn't an issue a few beta versions back.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Hemant, I think that I've been misunderstood.

I always use a list view sorted/grouped by notebooks, and whenever I "flag" a note with a tag, EN always brings me to the top of the list, even if I was almost at the bottom of the list.

So, if I'm scrolling down the list, adding tags to my notes, I'm constantly getting thrown off to the top of the list, having to look for the place I've left off.

If this is working as designed, then the design is very frustrating! Please see if you can do something, as this wasn't an issue a few beta versions back.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Sorry. I understood it now. We will fix it soon.

Thanks,

Hemant

Archived