(Archived) "Cannot find specified file" - link to file from Word

delenca

Idea

Hi, I just tried your new "link to file" option (thanks!) but when I click on it in Word it doesn't seem to work - it spits out the error seen above. Any suggestions?

Word 2011 for Mac

Latest Evernote (6/15/11 release)

Thanks,

Alex

6 replies to this idea

Latest versions of Evernote and Microsoft Office Word / Excel still have same problem: "cannot find the specified file". I know that this is supposed to work in Windows. Any idea when this will work on Mac (or why it fails?).

Thanks,

-Alex

Info:

Evernote 3.0.1 for Mac

Microsoft Office for Mac 2011: 14.1.2

OS X: 10.6.8

• Level 5*

I just tried it and you are correct it doesn't work.

I think you may also be correct in thinking that not many people care as well as I don't believe I've seen another post about this.

You could open a support case and then it should get added to a bug list - although it may be that it is Word's behaviour that is causing this and there isn't much that Evernote can do about it.

So odd. Is it the case that nobody else has this issue or just nobody cares?

It's not a big deal.

Just puzzled why there are no replies to either post months apart on the use of a pretty well known Application! :-)

I was working on this yesterday, delenca. Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner. I've recreated (props to Metrodon for reviewing too). I've opened up a bug report and we'll see where we get. Thanks again for reporting.

Archived