Request: Inline PDF viewer

rickhuizinga

Idea

26 replies to this idea

Adding my voice to the choir. This would be a killer feature. PDF's are like landmines in android evernote when I click on the attachment it opens a pdf reader program that I have... if I want to annotate that pdf, no luck, because it will not save changes. If I want to copy and paste from that pdf into my evernote text note, or even just type some text notes about it, there is no way to do so without awkwardly switching (using the back button) between the pdf and the note from which it opened (and of course reopening the pdf brings you back to the first page rather than where you were just reading). I'd go so far as to say that pdf's ruin the otherwise excellent workflow that evernote creates on android. With more android tablets coming out this is an essential feature (much more worthy of attention than evernote food or some other side application nonsense).

Another vote for inline pdfs. I do a lot of editing and organising on my phone and tablet and this would speed it up so much. I don't find jpegs are as legible as pdfs so don't want to use that workaround. 

The list is long, that's for sure. 

We are working working on improving the PDF experience, so this could be considered.

Regardless of how long the list is, surely this item is nearly the highest priority. I am considering abandoning android for a windows tablet just to get this functionality. So clumsy without inline PDF view.

+1 for this feature. For me, pdfs in evernote are virtually useless without this because I am 90/10 android/desktop. So I scan to jpeg instead. (And incidentally the last update to the document camera overcompresses so much that doesn't work so well anymore either)

Understand you don't provide eta's, but seriously, we are 3 years on now. What is the value of the statement that it's on the list? Just be honest and say you've no plans to do this.

• Level 5*

@xdelplanque said 2 years ago this would be added to EN - is there a way to do it yet? Please?

He said, specifically, that it's on his list, which is quite long. I believe that you still need an external viewer.

• Level 5*

There is no sign-up sheet per se, your comments on the forum constitute feature requests. But as Xavier has already said that it's on his list, then they're clearly aware of the desire for the feature.

Scoob - sorry, I've no idea whether such a thing (lobbying sign-up sheet / petition) exists. Happy to set one up if it's possible and won't just annoy our kindly moderators and developers... (Any comments, anyone?)

Just kidding- thanks for the reply though.

Just trying to show my enthusiasm for EN!

I'm new to Evernote but trying to use it to organise a heap of documents for a meeting. Surprised that the inline pdfs on my laptop weren't showing inline on my Android tablet.

The post above say this was 'on your list' 9 months ago. Could you let us know whether it's going to be an available feature, please? (And when that might be?)

Many thanks!

I put my vote in for this feature as well. I use Evernote in a similar fashion (scanning my handwritten notes in PDF form.) I often need to scan through my handwritten notes to look at diagrams. Also, I sometimes can't remember what specific text I'd written, but I remember where I wrote it (location memory.) Having the ability to scan through the notes (maybe the notes filtered by search criteria) would definitely add to the functionality.

As always, thank you for one of the most useful pieces of software I have ever used.

this would be a great feature! I also saw a coworker with this note taking app on his ipad called noterize. If those features were added in or even in the trunk for android users it would be great. That app is pretty amazing!!! (from a pdf, lecture, note-taking perspective)

+1 This is also one of my top feature requests. Even just showing an enlarged thumbnail so I know what the pdf is would be great - reading and navigating that same pdf inline wold be awesome.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Archived