(Archived) Integration with Google Docs

I would like to integrate my Google Docs into my Evernote Account in a way that Evernote capability of indexes (OCR) all my Google Docs too.

Then I could search for everything including my Google Docs in Evernote.

• Level 5*

When you say "integrate", do you mean join the accounts together? Don't know whether Evernote has any plans to cosy up to other service providers like Google, but that's the sort of thing we'll hear about only if/ when it's launched.

I use GooDocs but I'm not familiar enough with any advanced options to know whether it would be possible to set up an automatic process to file an up to date backup copy of each document with Evernote so you can get the OCR and search options you want, or whether it would be practical to use a manual drag and drop; but I don't see any other way to continue using GooDocs as a first-line service indexed by Evernote.

To keep things simple I'd suggest using Evernote as your primary storage, even if you edit files via Google.

To keep things simple I'd suggest using Evernote as your primary storage, even if you edit files via Google.

Yeah - I would like a marriage where I can combine the accounts. I like your remarks and see it very much the same - also your final words.

• Level 5*

Evernote are very keep on other developers taking their API and building integrated solutions. Google are pretty much the same.

I'm not sure whether either have the will (and Evernote the resources) to change the way they work.

Archived