(Archived) Dropbox

• Level 5*

Not directly, no. The question has come up as to whether it would be OK to point your Evernote database there for your Mac or Windows desktop client (so that it would be automatically backed up), but the feedback from Evernote folks is that isn't such a good idea; see for example http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=14821. Did you have an intended usage?

• Level 5*
Still tring. Haven't come up with does evernote works with dropbox. I'll keep looking, thanks

I think that the answer is "no", but you haven't said what you are trying to do with Dropbox and Evernote. Maybe if you did, someone might be able to help you.

Thanks Jeff

I am sorry for not being clear. What I wanted to know was can notes in evernote be saved in dropbox. I have no usage to do this. Just asking. I just started to use Dropbox today. Thanks for your answer, I think you are right, can't send files from evernote to dropbox.

• Level 5*

I have used DropBox and Evernote for a while now, and so far I've never needed to use them together. They both sync to "the cloud", so that I can access their contents on several devices, but DropBox is exclusively a file storage system, while Evernote is primarily a note storage system that allows you to store files also. DropBox is great for storing transient files around (like program files that I want to install on multiple machines) -- in that respect it's a lot like a cloud-based USB stick. Evernote is for more permanent storage. Evernote also provides to text recognition for images as part of its service, while DropBox does not. But that's mainly how I use these products.

Maybe some other forum-dwellers have some ideas. Good luck.

I also use Dropbox & Evernote. While they are similar, IMO, they are still very different apps & Jeff has noted the differences between the two. I would say that I keep copies of important stuff in both apps. IE, I keep my mom's living will & POAs in both Evernote & Dropbox. Mostly a CYA thing, in case I need to pull them up but one app doesn't seem to be working (IE, say on my phone) then hopefully the other one will.

I haven't tested it out by restoring the file in the dropbox cloud, but it seemed to me to be the same on both my pc and dropbox.

I do quit EN sometimes during my sessions. I assume that is when dropbox does its thing.

Archived