(Archived) UI Issue With Check Boxes

osterman

Idea

I have a problem in Evernote Version 2.1.1 (146398) trying to enter text above a checkbox item (row 0). The screencast shows that the only way I succeed in entering text is by deleting the checkbox on the first row, entering text, and then re-creating the checkbox. This is a real pain as I use checkboxes a lot and run into this problem.

http://screencast.com/t/WpHnfd6sh2sL

Thanks,

-Erik

5 replies to this idea

No, you can type in text before the first check box. Just make sure your curser is to the left of the check box. Type in what you want and when you hit Enter (Return) the check box will then be on the next line.

I often put a blank line in before I enter the first checkbox if I know I am going to want to come back and enter text above the my checkbox list.

HTH

HTH,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I am doing. I navigate left of the very first checkbox, hit enter, and then the cursor jumps to the very end of all the check boxes.

Please check the video: at around 23 seconds into it, the cursor is before the checkbox; at around 25s into it, you hear me hit enter and the cursor jumps to the end of the text body. This is not user error.

-Erik

Just make sure your curser is to the left of the check box. Type in what you want and when you hit Enter (Return) the check box will then be on the next line.

Okay, I understand what you're saying. This is a good work around that I will use; however, the inability to simply create new line feeds without entering text is the UI issue.

Thanks,

Erik

You're right!! I hadn't realized that that bug was there. Did you submit a bug report?

Ummm - however I just looked to see where to do that and don't see an obvious spot to do so. Staff does read the forum posts so someone will probably see this discussion.

Archived