(Archived) Feature request: drag text to notes list to create new note

gotofritz

Idea

Hi. Just started using Evernote and like it a lot. However as a mac user I find myself constantly dragging things around expecting Evernote to respond to that, but it doesn't.

For example:

1. drag a note from list panel to body of note being currently edited. I'd expect EN to keep the edited note in the main panel, and insert the content of the dragged note into it, where the cursor was

2. drag some text from a note being edited to an empty area in the list panel: I'd love EN to create a new note with the the dragged text (the same way you can drag text from most programs to a folder in Finder, and OSX creates a textclippings) while keeping the original note in the main panel

3. drag some text from a note being edited to another in the list panel: append the dragged text to the new note, without switching to it

Basically the way I have been using EN is to clip a web page, then copy and paste different parts of it to different notes, and then repeat with more clipped web pages.

It would be great if I could do that keeping focus on the clipped web pages, without having to copy text, switch to a new note, paste text, switch back to clipped web page, copy more text, etc

Thanks

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet

Archived