(Archived) Feature Request: Dolphin HD Webclipper

moodwrench

Can we get a plug-in for Dolphin to send the contents of a page to Evernote (like the clipper)? The share feature sends a link to the url, but no content. Ive seen the javascript hack posted, but the only Android browser it seems to work in is firefox which is terrible on the Android.

Thanks

Can we get a plug-in for Dolphin to send the contents of a page to Evernote (like the clipper)? The share feature sends a link to the url, but no content. Ive seen the javascript hack posted, but the only Android browser it seems to work in is firefox which is terrible on the Android.

Thanks

I was going to suggest trying the bookmarklet, but it looks like you already have dismissed it. Works great in Firefox, but I've never tried it in Dolphin.. let me try it out.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Web clipper is a no go on Opera Mobile, Dolphin Mini and Dolphin HD. One suggestion might be to get a PDF creator app and after it's saved the page, share the PDF to Evernote - not a clean solution, but it will work to capture information.

Good luck :D

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I am sorta able to do this now. There's an app on the market called bookmarklet free 1.5 . This comes with a evernote rule in its list of built in rules. After adding this you get a second evernote option on your share via list. This one clips the whole page nicely. Only problems are that you need to re type your password every time and you don't get sent back to the page after submitting. It also doesn't work sending selected text, but the original share option works with that, so wo cares.

• 4 weeks later...

I use Evernote with ease on my laptop and my iPhone but when it comes to using it on my Android tablet it's really not easy. A Dolphin HD Web Clipper would be fantastic and would make a huge difference to my productivity. Right now, when I'm using my tablet, there's no easy way of capturing a web page and sending it to Evernote other than using the "Bookmarklet Free" that was mentioned earlier. By the way, I have a Premium Account with Evernote, which means I pay for the service. I love using it on my other gadgets but I can't really do much with it on my Android tablet. Dolphin HD is THE most popular web browser for Android and it would make sense for Evernote to create a Dolphin HD Web Clipper.

Im using the addon screen cut. Capture the whole page and share it to EN. Works great and is very fast. If you use the print version of a page, the resulting picture is not so big too.

But a clipper would be better.

+1 for this. This works pretty well. You can select whole page, section, much like the webclipper. Then just sent to EN.

Edit.. Only semi-issue with this method is you get one fairly large IMAGE of the web page. If you send this on to someone they cannot edit or select text within.

The method above using bookmarklets gets around this, but clips the entire page including the header and all the links peppering most pages. Your choice.

A native Evernote webclipper for Android/Dolphin is still needed!

Though its more steps, another (possibly temporary) work around for this might be:

- anything you wish to clip to Evernote, send instead to Instapaper or ReadItLater

- in the Instapaper/ReadItLater Android apps or corresponding web apps, send/share the item to Evernote

The advantage to this approach: you don't end up with the complete webpage copied to Evernote; instead, only the article on the page is sent and its much tidier than using the print version of the article (which is often PDF-based or unavailable).

But a native plug-in/extension/webclipper for Dolphin HD would be best - like iCab web browser for iOS's equivalent of extensions for Evernote and Instapaper sharing.

P.S.

While using iOS devices, I really hoped that such fairly constant work-arounds as these would not be necessary under the widely-hailed "open" Android platform. Sadly, discovering the reality of the "open" hype required "seeing for myself" - I bought an Android phone (Nexus S) and a tablet (Xoom). No-one in the blogosphere seemed capable of distinguishing between the facts and the hype in anything less than a partisan way.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Another request for such a feature

I would also like to have this feature. I am currently using the Read It Later workaround and that works but a native EN clipper would be better.

One advantage to using Read It Later is I don't clutter up my EN account with articles that I just want to read but not save forever.

• 3 months later...

I also want to have an Evernote plug-in for the Android Dolphin browser. Dolphin appears to be the most feature rich Android browser, and it is the primary browser for probably thousands of Android users. Those of us who have become addicted to Evernote on our PCs and Macs want to be able to use it from our Android phones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Huzzah to clipping full articles through Dolphin Browser HD. Right now I clip the URL from my Android, then I have to wait to access my desktop computer to revisit the URL, and clip the article into evernote for later recall.

Have you tried using the Evernote Add-on for Dolphin? Works just like the desktop version of Webclipper, you can clip a web page, select the notebook you want to save it into, and type in or select tags. Only limitation is you can't select what area of the page you want - it just clips the whole thing. But other than that, works great!

And for us iOS users... the team here at Dolphin is working on a Webclipper for the iPad version of Dolphin. I'm excited to try it out!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Where is the Dolphin Webclipper for Android? If I want to download Dolphin Evernote Add-on, there Comes a message "Element not found. Try again." Same result if I search from Google Chrome browser??? What can I do?

Archived