(Archived) Editing in v3.1 beta 1... updated note cannot be uploaded

Lemayp

Hi,

I have updated a note on my Android phone using the new beta and the changes have been properly saved, but when the sync start, I receive the error "Note upload failed". The note has been originally created on the PC and contains only text info. I have sent the log file to evernote preview email.

I have created a new note on the phone and this one has been properly uploaded. I have done some changes to that new note both on the phone and on the PC and it sync properly.

Let me know if you are aware of the cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Pierre

Hi Pierre

Thank you for trying our Beta and providing your feedback.

We really appreciate you taking time to send out the logs to us. Currently there is a bug causing this. We are aware of the cause for this problem.

We are working on the fix.

Thanks,

I have just updated to the beta 2 version. Received the same error on a normal sync, then I went to the note and did a "Menu->More->Recover Note" on it and the note "recovered" itself and the changed I did on the phone were all preserved. I lost nothing in the processing. Visualising the note on Windows would show properly the updated note.

Thanks for fixing that problem.

I have done several change to the original note created directly in evernote and all my changes were now ok and properly sync.

Meanwhile, I faced some problem with another scenario. I received an email which was containing text and a pdf file. I have forwarded that email to my evernote account. When I tried to modify the text of the note I was not able to put the cursor where I wanted to. At some point I was able to highlight a word, and then erase it, but no way to put the cursor at a specific place to do change to the note.

Thanks

-Pierre

I have done several change to the original note created directly in evernote and all my changes were now ok and properly sync.

Meanwhile, I faced some problem with another scenario. I received an email which was containing text and a pdf file. I have forwarded that email to my evernote account. When I tried to modify the text of the note I was not able to put the cursor where I wanted to. At some point I was able to highlight a word, and then erase it, but no way to put the cursor at a specific place to do change to the note.

Thanks

-Pierre

Thank you for downloading the Beta2 version 3.1. We are glad to note that rich text composition/editing is working well for the issues reported.

Thanks for letting us know about the other issue. This will be fixed with our next Beta release.

Thanks,

Archived